Cold & Flu Community
FLU

This forum is for questions and support regarding cold and flu issues such as: Adult Cold, Adult Flu, Child Cold, Child Flu, Drugs and Medications, Immune Compromised Cold and Flu issues, Cold and Flu Prevention, Pneumonia, Senior Cold, Senior Flu, Treatments, Vaccines, The Flu Shot.

FLU

I think I have the flu. I've been sick for more than five days and the nurses and doctors that I have spoken to said so but I'm at the sixth day and my neck still won't stop sweating. My tummy is uncomfortable, I feel really out of it and ill and tired. What does bug me the most is the sweating behind my neck in places where I'm usually cold I feel fine and/or start to feel the pores on the back of by neck and shoulders start opening and feeling clammy.

Before today I had diarrhea and a fever and now I have the cough and the cold but my mucus is clear.I also get a little dizzy and light headed (motion sickness) if I move to rapidly.
Hi and welcome. When it comes to the real flu, you should go have a checkup to make sure your ok and get some meds to help. The flu is no joke. The sweating on the back of you neck could be from tightening up your back neck muscles from trying to breath comfortably
Make sure you drink plenty of fuiids, water is best.  You can take painkillers like Lemsip to help with the feverishness.

Don't eat if your tummy does not feel right and if you have the runs.  But is is important to drink.  If you become dehydrated that can make you feel dizzy.

The sweating on the back of your neck is nothing to worry about because you have been feverish, but if this starts to feel stiff and hurt as well as having all the other symptoms, then you need to be examine by the doctor for menningitis (meningitis).

As you have had this now for over 5 days, I would suggest you see the doctor to make sure you do not have an ear and throat infection.  Pharangitis as well as inner and middle ear infections can make you feel dizzy with motion sickness.