Cold & Flu Community
Firey Red Cheeks

This forum is for questions and support regarding cold and flu issues such as: Adult Cold, Adult Flu, Child Cold, Child Flu, Drugs and Medications, Immune Compromised Cold and Flu issues, Cold and Flu Prevention, Pneumonia, Senior Cold, Senior Flu, Treatments, Vaccines, The Flu Shot.

Firey Red Cheeks

Is this normal that a 2 year old who is playing normaly has RED cheeks! She is not taking any medicine at this time and I have not changed to something different in bathing her or washing her clothes. She has had a cold but the RED cheeks on her face is very hot in temp. also. I have called the doc. but I can't get through because of soooo many phone calls that's coming in to them. Please help me, Is this normal?
My daughter had really red cheeks, then the next day she broke out in a rash all over her body.  She was also exhibiting cold symptoms.  She had Fifth's disease.  It's pretty much harmless and not that big of a deal, I just had to let it run it's course.  It started with really red hot cheeks.  I took her into the ped.
Thank You
Fifth's is one of many childhood rashes, go see your pediatrician, it could represent something your daughter could require an antibiotic for.