Cold & Flu Community
Flu Vaccination?

This forum is for questions and support regarding cold and flu issues such as: Adult Cold, Adult Flu, Child Cold, Child Flu, Drugs and Medications, Immune Compromised Cold and Flu issues, Cold and Flu Prevention, Pneumonia, Senior Cold, Senior Flu, Treatments, Vaccines, The Flu Shot.

Flu Vaccination?

Is it safe to get the Flu Vacine while pregnant?
Yes, and it's a good idea (recommended by the CDC).  The flu vaccine is made of killed virus, which means it cannot give you the flu.  Getting the flu while pregnant puts the baby at risk, since flu is so stressful on the mom.  Finally, the antibodies your body makes in response to the flu vaccine will give the baby some protection during its first few months of life.  Just make sure to get the shot and not the nasal spray, because the nasal spray is weakened virus, not killed, and therefore poses a slight risk.
Yes. Not only is it safe, it could save your life or your baby's life. The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), the American Congress of Obstetricians and Gynecologists (ACOG), the American College of Nurse-Midwives, the American Academy of Pediatrics, and many other organizations all strongly recommend a flu shot for pregnant women.

I am not a medical provider - I am sharing information that I have read. I wish you joy and good health during your pregnancy.