Cold & Flu Community
Flu after a flu shot? Or allergies?

This forum is for questions and support regarding cold and flu issues such as: Adult Cold, Adult Flu, Child Cold, Child Flu, Drugs and Medications, Immune Compromised Cold and Flu issues, Cold and Flu Prevention, Pneumonia, Senior Cold, Senior Flu, Treatments, Vaccines, The Flu Shot.

Flu after a flu shot? Or allergies?

So I got the flu shot on tuesday and today is friday.  I doubt the flu shot has totally made me immune to flu that quickly so I got a feeling I can still catch a flu.  But I'm thinking...maybe it could just be the cat allergies I have from the day before.  I went to my girlfriend's house and she has a cat, I had bad sneezing, runny nose, wheezing, coughing...it all went away until night time when we left her house and was at my house for several hours, I still had a little wheezing and some stuffed nose.  My girlfriend is gone and she wore clothes that had no cat fur or anything on it and today I have a REALLY sneezing and runny nose.  And my mom has a sore throat out of no where and I hugged her yesterday and spent time with her for thanksgiving.  Mind you at 2 am when I was talking to her I was totally symptom free.  Then today I got symptoms.  Is it possible to get sick AGAIN?!  I took tons of time off work because I went through opiate withdrawal and I'm already 17 days clean but I know it messed up my immune system for a while.  Can cat allergies manifest themselves again the second day after being exposed and the symptoms went away?  Or am I probably catching a damn flu after getting the louzy flu shot?  I didn't get swine flu and my biggest fear is that my mom has the one flu I could catch or maybe I can get the flu the first few days after the flu shot since it takes a little while to be effective I think.  

And when do the flu shot symptoms appear?  Because I know flu shots have symptoms that are like a minor flu...