Cold & Flu Community
Flu or virus?

This forum is for questions and support regarding cold and flu issues such as: Adult Cold, Adult Flu, Child Cold, Child Flu, Drugs and Medications, Immune Compromised Cold and Flu issues, Cold and Flu Prevention, Pneumonia, Senior Cold, Senior Flu, Treatments, Vaccines, The Flu Shot.

Flu or virus?

I have never got this sick but for the last few days I have had sore throat, headache, runny nose and back pain(inhale). Tonight I was too sick to walk so I took the cab home and I start to have chill and sweat and have chest pain. My whole body was shaking and I sat in my bathtub fill with hot water and it still won't go away. Anyone know what this is and how to deal with it? Honestly I don't have the energy to go to the doctors right now.
sounds like the flu.  don't you have some one to take you to the hospital.  you really need to get meds so you can get well.  if you don't have help call an ambulance or the red cross has a service that will take you to the doctor.  hope you get better.  good luck summer will be here and get warmer and every one will feel better.  mandy876
Have a friend take you to the doctor so you can be treated, please.  If you don't do this, you will only continue to feel sick for who knows how long.  Blessings - Blu
Sound similar to the bacterial infection I was going through. Headaches, back pain, fatigue, chills, sweats, fatigue and chest pain. Take a cab or have someone take you. You need to have blood work run to find out what kind it is so the doctor puts you on the right meds. Don't wait to go see someone or you'll get worse.
Hyperthyroidism can mimic other health problems, which may make it difficult for your doctor to diagnose. It can also cause a wide variety of signs and symptoms, including:

Sudden weight loss, even when your appetite and the amount and type of food you eat remain the same or even increase
    Rapid heartbeat (tachycardia) — commonly more than 100 beats a minute — irregular heartbeat (arrhythmia) or pounding of your heart (palpitations)
    Increased appetite
    Nervousness, anxiety and irritability
    Tremor — usually a fine trembling in your hands and fingers
    Sweating
    Increased sensitivity to heat
    Changes in bowel patterns, especially more frequent bowel movements
    An enlarged thyroid gland (goiter), which may appear as a swelling   at the base of your neck
    Fatigue, muscle weakness
    Difficulty sleeping
    Skin thinning
    Fine, brittle hair
See a endocrinologist if you think it might be thyroid symptoms.
Thanks all for the info and caring! I must say after 2 days of doing absolutely nothing and laying in bed(+ some Contac I have at home) I am feeling a little better.

The sweating only happen during sleep. Sore throat is almost gone but it still itch sometimes. I don't feel the fever and back pain as serious but my chest pain has gone worse. Matter of fact I constantly feel my heart pumping really fast and it makes me feel weak. Is that normal at all??
Note: It is not a question of flu or virus. One is an ailment, the other is an organism. If it is the flu, it is viral.