Cold & Flu Community
Flu symptoms for 4 weeks

This forum is for questions and support regarding cold and flu issues such as: Adult Cold, Adult Flu, Child Cold, Child Flu, Drugs and Medications, Immune Compromised Cold and Flu issues, Cold and Flu Prevention, Pneumonia, Senior Cold, Senior Flu, Treatments, Vaccines, The Flu Shot.

Flu symptoms for 4 weeks

I've had flu symptoms for 4 weeks and still feel dreadful. I've been in hospital overnight cos had symptoms of meningitis and was told it was most likely a new strain of flu. Started with aches and pains all over my body and feeling hot and cold then day after woke up with sensitivity to light and a stiff neck and shoulder and a rash on my face. Rash disappeared within a week and so did the sensitivity to light. I still have aches and pains and feel really tired as soon as I do anything, I wake up in the night feeling hot and can't sleep because of aches and pains.  Have been coughing at times and have had earache and headache and nose feels blocked up on a morning when I wake up.  I have started taking multivitamins and Echinacea 6 days ago but still feel terrible.  I had seasonal flu jab with swine flu incorporated 2 weeks before I started feeling poorly. Should Flu last for over 4 weeks and should I still get flu when only had flu vaccination 2 weeks before? Undergone blood tests at my GP's surgery but won't get results back till end of next week. Any suggestions on what else I can do and how long it will be before I start feeling better?
only thing i can tell you is to keep fait in god and keep praying until your results comes in. sounds serous