Cold & Flu Community
Flu without fever

This forum is for questions and support regarding cold and flu issues such as: Adult Cold, Adult Flu, Child Cold, Child Flu, Drugs and Medications, Immune Compromised Cold and Flu issues, Cold and Flu Prevention, Pneumonia, Senior Cold, Senior Flu, Treatments, Vaccines, The Flu Shot.

Flu without fever

I came down with flu symptoms over a week ago.  Severe exhaustion, could not stay awake, slight sore throat, banging headache, aches and pains over body, hot flushes and sweating.  I slept for three days, felt as if a truck went over me but as I wanted to get back to work I started to get up and also things improved a bit.  But yesterday my heart started to bounce, feel very tired again, and chestpain. What is going on?  No fever.  Head and throat become sore on the slightest exhertion.  
There is No coughing, sniffling, or conjestion going on at all - a totally silent flu.......................gosh I do feel bad......and yet no fever so is this a flu or not, and whatelse can it be?
It sounds like the flu but usually as you know you get a fever. It may be some other virus. In our area we have had lots of weird and long lasting viruses this year. If it doesn't go away in the next couple of days I would see your doctor.
feel better