Had flu now gone but coughing up blood
A week ago I was sick for the whole week with the flu.  I had all the normal flu symptoms and was given notuss to try and control the violent cough I had.  I had fever, headache, chills, aches, and would wake up during the night in coughing fits.  I haven't had a fever in over a week and a half but I still have the hacking violent cough.  I thought nothing of it until last night when I had a coughing fit and coughed up what appeared (and tasted like) blood.  It wasn't dark red but a light redish pink. Has this ever happened to anyone else?  It has me kind of worried.
I would say that the blood would be from coughing too much. I've had that after coughing too much. Just a couple of specks of blood, a once off. If you were coughing a lot of blood, you should see a doctor. But I wouldn't worry about that happening, it would be caused by something worse than the flu.

You cough because you are trying clear your throat. Flem in the throat comes from the nose, as the nose and throat are connected. When you blow your nose too hard you can burst a tiny vein (I think that's right.) Just a guess, but the specks of blood might be from a tiny vein in your nose.
i have a slight flu no feaver headach nothing just the normal flu/cold. I suffer from asthma and i find my self coughing up whats look to me like clot blood in my cold but not much i dont know whats causing it. Even the doctor's dont know what's wrong the just give me antibiotic's. Are there any one who can educate me more on this.
I also had a virus respiratory infection, flu or whatever you wanna call it. And I called the ambulance, I was having fever and felt bad, the doctor just listened t my lungs and prescribed a much of meds, a antibiotic, amoxacilin, some alchool spray named tantum green, parasinus, I also have sinusitis and nasal polyps.
He also prescribed vitamax, he said it's a powerful vitamin, and that's it.
And the next day, I started coughing up small amounts of blood, sometimes combined with mucus, sometimes just blood clots, the blood seemed dark, not pink, and I didn't cough blood all the time, I would cough some blood, then it stopped, and maybe much later that day, or the next day, some more blood.. Now it's like 7 am here, when I woke up I still coughed up some blood combined with mucus, got scarred and I'm waiting to go to the doctor to check what is wrong with me, I'm pretty scared, the psychological impact of coughing up blood is pretty huge even if it's not that much.
PS: I'm 24 years old, male.
What was it ? I know it was from 2014 and I have the exact thing. Wheezing , violent cough, just got over flu ..almost. How do you recover? Thanks. And yes it is pyscho logical torture