Cold & Flu Community
Have I got the flu? PLEASE HELP

This forum is for questions and support regarding cold and flu issues such as: Adult Cold, Adult Flu, Child Cold, Child Flu, Drugs and Medications, Immune Compromised Cold and Flu issues, Cold and Flu Prevention, Pneumonia, Senior Cold, Senior Flu, Treatments, Vaccines, The Flu Shot.

Have I got the flu? PLEASE HELP

I have had flu symptoms for about 6 days when they went away but left me with ear ache, sore throat, non-productive cough and very aching muscles. So i went to the doctor, he told me that i had got high blood pressure but wasnt that servere to require tablets. Ever since visiting the doctor i have been worrying about the condition of my heart. I have been worrying because my chest has also been hurting. Does the symptoms of aching muscles last for over two weeks?

I would appreciate the response
Hi Matt sorry this is late Ive only just joined.  

I live in Istanbul and you get the flu and colds here all the time.  Your symptoms sound like flu.

Flu can do funny things to the body.  My flu went into my back in the form of lumbago.  How old are you?  Also if you have heart problems please go and get yourself checked out.  

What happens when you get the flu virus is when it enters your body if its not caught in time or treated asap it makes little baby viruses that spread throughout your body and they lurk there here there and everywhere attacking wherever whenever.  Usually there is a general feeling of malaise and this can last for 6 weeks or more.

Hope this helps