Cold & Flu Community
Headaches, Fatigue, Face pain after cold

This forum is for questions and support regarding cold and flu issues such as: Adult Cold, Adult Flu, Child Cold, Child Flu, Drugs and Medications, Immune Compromised Cold and Flu issues, Cold and Flu Prevention, Pneumonia, Senior Cold, Senior Flu, Treatments, Vaccines, The Flu Shot.

Hi, i'm a 29 yr old female. I'm normally quite fit (cycle on a regular basis). Two weeks ago I got a nasty cold that made me take a couple of days off work. Since the cold, i've been experiencing (all last week) headaches, face pain and fatigue every day. It's not the whole day - it tends to come on around midday onwards. I'm not sure what's going on, but i've never felt like this before. It feels like a pressure around the head that doesn't go away. If I take a pain killer, it does seems to go away after a couple of hours. Anyone know what it could be?
Sorry to hear you are not well.

I am wondering whether you now have congestion.  Maybe a sinus
infection.  

When you say you have face pain, is it in the cheek area and the headaches in the forhead?  If so it is very likely that your problem is sinusitis.

When you blow your nose, is the mucus discoloured - green or yellow?  If so that is an indication of infection and you may need a course of antibiotics if it is a bacterial infection.  If it is a viral then - sorry - no antibiotic will help.

You could try steam inhalations to relieve the congestion in the sinuses.  A bowl of hot water with Vick or Olbas Oil and a towel over your head while you breathe in the vapours - take care not to get scalded.  This will help to loosen any congestion.  Some people like to get over the counter nasal sprays, but do not use these for too long and follow the instructions.

Becasue you have recently had a nasty cold, it seems to be that this is as a result of that.

Hope you feel better soon.
Let me know how you get on.

Best wishes.