Cold & Flu Community
Help! Cough that won't go Away

This forum is for questions and support regarding cold and flu issues such as: Adult Cold, Adult Flu, Child Cold, Child Flu, Drugs and Medications, Immune Compromised Cold and Flu issues, Cold and Flu Prevention, Pneumonia, Senior Cold, Senior Flu, Treatments, Vaccines, The Flu Shot.

Help! Cough that won't go Away

I have been sick for 7 weeks!! It started with a  horrible dry cough, runny nose. It wouldn't go away, so I went to the walk-in clinic and they said it was a virus. Then it still wouldn't go away, I then went to the walk-in again....they said I had Bronchitis and gave me Doxycycline and  Prednisone. It still did not work, I went to my regular doc and had a chest x-ray and they told me I had Pneumonia and he gave me Levaquin. In the meantime I took some Asthma tests (per my doctor's suggestion) and found out I have Asthma. I was given Pulmicort and MaxAir. My cough still wasn't going away and my tongue was extremely swollen. I went to the walk-in once again, they gave me a Nebulizer Treatment,Prednisone, and Nystatin for oral thrush. They said to come back if it didn't get better, which of course it hasn't. I then was tested for Whooping Cough, they did the swab through my nose and also did bloodwork. I have not got the results back yet, but in the meantime I was also prescribed  Azithromycin. I have taken three doses of the Azithromycin and still do not feel any better!!! I do not know what to do?! Nothing is working and I can't take this anymore..........
Each of those treatments taken separately are reasonable for each diagnosis

What isn't reasonable is that you don't sound like you're trusting one doc (your regular doc) to help coordinate all of the same care.

That's why you're getting all of these different opinions.  For example the doc that tested you for pertussis (whooping cough) may not have if they knew you'd been on doxycycline and levaquin, which can be helpful to cure this.

You need to go trust 1 doc to coordinate all of your care.  Then you won't get so confused by all of these seemingly discordant treatments.
The reason I didn't go to my regular dotor all the other times is simply because I can never get in. He is almost always booked up. All the docotrs that I had seen did know of the medications I had already been on, and my history of what had been happening. Also, the Pertussis came back negative. I do have an appointment to see my regular doc again on 1/7/08, but what do I do in the meantime???
I am going through the EXACT thing.  I have been sick for 9 weeks now.  I was first prescribed a zpack for what was supposed to be a sinus infection... then they thought it went to bronchitis... and I was given Augmentin... and it didn't help AT ALL. They then put me on Levaquin... and I felt better for a few days... and now am totally sick all over again.  
I am miserable....  and totally feel you about not being able to take it anymore.  I started crying this morning, because I'm exhausted from being sick.  I am so unhappy.  

Will you let me know what your doctor ends up doing?    ***@****
I'm glad you gave the history to the other docs, that's reassuring, many people don't do that.

try to call your doc and ask why you're not getting better, i'd be primarily concerned about the asthma.  Perhaps asking for a longer course of oral steroids could help.  This can be prescribed over the phone by your regular physician based on your symptoms of asthma not improving.  If you can give them peak flow measurements, that helps.
We seem to have the same or something similar in SE PA.  My Mother lives with me and she caught it on the day after Christmas and I caught it on New Year's eve.  I was gobbling Vitamin C before I caught it but that did not fight this thing off.  It started as a heavy cough, then headache, then some sniffles.  Now, it just makes you cough.  Some days, you wake up thinking you are feeling better and have it all behind you.  Then, overnight it sneaks back and hammers you down again.  I do not have asthma and rarely get sick.  My Mother had her flu shot and has not been sick in 2 years.  We are sick now and I don't remember anything like this.

I guess we wait for the August heat.
where in southeast pennsylvania?

2 weeks of illness that gets better then worse, sounds viral

probably not flu if she has the shot

if you've never been this sick, it's worth a visit to the doctor
It happening all over the country.  Its the goverment spraying chemicals from airplanes thats putting particles into the air thats irritating and infecting the lungs. The cough is the body trying to rid itself of the foreign objects. Look up "chemtrials" on the internet. Good luck
Look it up. If you are outside during the days they are spraying, you should wear a mask so your not breathing in all those particles.
i'd expect any chemicals sprayed from planes to quickly deposit and land and stick to the ground.

i'd be more worried about being in a closed space like a small room, with someone who was contagious and coughing & sneezing
After 3 weeks to a month, it appears my Mother and I are over the worst of it.  I believe it was some form of bronchitis.  At least that is what the symptoms were like.  I had the heavy cough that made all parts of my body hurt.

Some of the symptoms continue to linger.  If I get the dry cough a few times, I take a cough drop "ricola" and stop it.  The last 4 or 5 nights I was able to sleep.  Before that, I would wake up coughing after less than an hour on my side.  Then I spent the night sitting up and sleeping.  It was better than no sleep.

It seems we caught it on Christmas Eve in a crowded church.  Near the end of the service, a little girl turned towards us and let loose with one horrendous cough.  That is about it.  I look forward to Spring and sunshine.
These particles are aerosol.  Just as sneezing sends virus germs into the air in a aerosol spray. They do not quickly fall to the ground and stick.  
I got exactly the same thing. On New Year's eve I had a fever and it seemed like the flu. Then after 10 days or so or cough, fever (up to 102), night sweats, etc.,  I went to the walk-in "urgent care" clinic (I called my regular doc and they said they have "no appointments" -- ever, with Brown and Toland Blue Cross -- sometimes I can get an appointment but it's in like 3-4 months from when I call).  

So the doc said I had walking pneumonia -- no xray, no tests. And she prescribed the z-pack (azythromycin). I took it for the prescribed 5 days and started to feel better, but then about 2 days after I was done, the cough started to come back, and got congestion, more fever, etc.  

The following week I went to the urgent care again, and got a chest x-ray and they said I have pneumonia and prescribed Levaquin. I took it for 5 days, then started feeling better afterwards, though still coughing. But then about a week later the cough starts to get worse in my chest again.  It's now Feb 10 and I have been sick for nearly six weeks and nothing seems to work. I can't get an appointment with my regular doc so have to just keep going to Urgent Care where you sit for 3 or 4 hours with a bunch of coughing people, and the docs are in such a hurry that they don't really examine you well. Plus they don't know your history very well, etc.  

I don't know what to do anymore :(   And we have very good (I thought) company insurance via Blue Cross and Brown and Toland at UCSF in San Francisco, but I can NEVER get a doc appointment there. It's the worst system.

I don't know what to do now -- they've tried two antibiotics.  How long does it take for the cough to come out of my chest after the antibiotic is done? It's been about 10 days again since I finished.

What do I do next? :(
Yep!  Thank goodness other people are having the same problems.  I've had one symptom after another since Christmas.  Had the cough, ALOT of CONGESTION!!  (head mostly)  I feel like I could plug my nose and blow a gallon of snot out!!  I WISH I could!!  Been to the DR, got 2 shots, antibiotic and steroid.  Tried Mucinex, it helped a little but not anymore.  PLEASE help!!  I have asthma (since I was born) but have never felt THIS BAD!!
Oh, yeah, and it hurts like the devil when I swallow today!! New day, new symptom.  I thought maybe I was dying but since so many others are feeling the same way at least I ain't going alone!!!
Mucinex! That stuff is the bomb. My husband just got over it and with out the mucinex; he wouldn't have made ot through it, so to speak.
Good Luck
My daughter went back to school after holiday break on Jan 7th, and she came home with a wet cough. The school had put down a new carpet in the hallways and done some other work. The cough was loose & she felt miserable & was out of school 2 days that first week, 2 more days the second week and a day the 3rd week of january. From the 25th to Feb 5th, she couldn't bear to go in. The dr put her on 2 different antibiotics, omnicef first then amox-clav 875mg, and once the congestion started, ordered 40mg prednisone for 5 days. He said it didn't need to be tapered since she was only on it for 5 days. She was also prescribed a cough medicine with codeine so she could sleep at night.

When she finished the prednisone, she started wheezing. The dr diagnosed asthma as a result of this respiratory irritation & put her on medrol 32mg for 6 days with no tapering. She got worse with congestion and coughing into the 4th day, but he said the asthma disappeared. She is so tired and exhausted from all this. She finished the last dose of medrol Saturday and Monday morning woke up with pain in her neck/glands (they're not swollen).

Last Thursday when she was at her worst, the dr said although the cough/congestion sounded bad, the sinuses were pristine and the asthma was gone due to the medrol.  The cough and congestion, from January 7th, is still here so the antibiotics and steroids did not effect change. Her pneumoccal and strep antibodies are still low but she has never had strep or pneumonia over the years, just a lot of croup and bronchitis as a baby/toddler. She had a general CBC screening in December which showed no abnormalities.

Monday, she came home from school congested and coughing, and complained of nausea and a headache. I gave her some tylenol. Yesterday,she went to school and was nauseous in the morning, had a headache and her glands were aching. She came home so nauseous she went straight to bed.  She had 101 fever and couldn't sleep because the congestion was so bad.  This morning she was blowing out mucous that was green, so I phoned the dr.  He said she probably picked up yet another virus/infection!  How? One day back at school?  I find it incredible.  In the past if she had a sinus infection, it would clear by the 3rd day on antibiotics.  The fact that the original mucous was never discolored troubles me,and the dr agrees it may not have been a sinus infection. So she took antibiotics for what then?  She's so  fatigued and completely lost her sense of smell and taste which is frightening to my daughter and myself.  The dr prescribed biaxin XL and mucinex for her to start today for this "new" infection.  She's also taking motrin for the headache pain and has been doing a sinus rinse.   We stopped the nasonex as it didn't help the congestion; in fact, it made it worse. I despise all this medication because of all the long term side effects and build up in the body.  

It was discovered in 2003 that my daughter had low pneumoccal and strep antibodies although she's never had either. She gets bouts of sinusitis a couple of times a year. The immunologist ordered a protocol of 2 flu shots and a pneumonia shot per year to boost the antibodies. The first year, it worked well and she didn't get sick ; however, the antibodies didn't rise. The second year, she had a reaction to the pneumonia shot and just had 2 flu shots. The past 2 years, she just got 1 flu shot and was sick with sinusitis in the winter. I decided not to give 2 flu shots because there's a lot of information out there about the dangers of flu shots long term. In July 2007 she came down with sinusitis at camp, and came home hoarse (she loves singing so it was devastating for her).  We saw an ENT to rule out polyps.  There was some inflammation,but the dr thought it might be coming from acid reflux. She was put on antibiotics as well just in case there was some residual infection left from the summer. I didn't agree with the protocol. I took her to a naturopath, and he put her on a natural antacid (licorice) which she wasn't consistent in taking. Then the cough/sinusitis started in January. I'm afraid she might become antibiotic resistant.

I am at my wit's end, Could it all just be allergies? The dr suggested that since she's has so many bouts of sinusitis, it could be caused by allergies. If things don't get any better, then  he suggested taking singulaire at night (I just feel like it is now becoming a guessing game, and I'm not happy), but I don't want to start yet another new medication without doing allergy testing first.  I don't know whether to see an infectious disease specialist, ENT or pediatric pulmonologist next.....the dr we see now is a board certified allergist/immunologist.

Any feedback would be appreciated.
I have had a cough that will not go away too!!  There is something up here and I wonder why we aren't hearing anything about this in the media.

I feel great, I have energy, but I have a cough that will not end.  It has been going on for a month now and I am never sick like this.  I have been taking an inhaler given by a doctor (Albuterol Sulfate), Mucinex, but I refuse to get anitbiotics.  

My concern increases reading what you are all taking about.  What's up doc?

Frank
I just read somewhere else that the COUGH might be a result of a vitamin B deficiency but that over the counter vitamin B will not help but eating foods rich in complex vitamin B will including: wheat germ, liver, sunflower seeds, blackstrap molasses.  

The site where I found this information is at:

http://www.lionsgrip.com/cosymptoms.html

Hope this helps.
Frank
Sounds like a lot of the same story.  I live in WV and have had asthma for many years.  After being in the hosp for pneumonia, I followed up with a lung spec and ENT.  They both suggested allergy testing.  I just had that done this week.  WELL, besides a lot of foods, I am allergic to all of the antibotics that I have been taking.  

The worst group of allergies come from the histamine familiy, and mold and mildew.  This includes antibotics, pain killers and a lot of foods.  Including coffee, tea, any dark cola, spinach, all citrus fruits, bananas, fish, tomatoes and a lot of other foods.  I have gone off all of the above listed foods and meds.  Allergy shots start next week.  My ENT did the allergy tests in one day.  Might be something to think about.
Sick in WV!
To all of you coughing, chew ginger hot root at the beginning of your day (starting from morning). size should be about that of regular candy. Get some water by your side just  in case you need to cool down. This is a Ghana-Africa way of curing cough.
GOOD LUCK TO ALL OF YOU
Try the ginger this way for about a week.

GOOD LUCK TO ALL OF YOU
I think I discovered what I have - pertussis - Whooping Cough. . . .  you should all check this out . . .  I will check on Wednesday with my doctor to see if I can get tested so my case can be reported.  

http://www.pertussis.com/

Knowing this at least helps ease my concerns and I started on a regement of complex Vitamin B three days ago (eathing Wheat Germ, Molasses, Sunflower Seeds) and I say that yesterday and today I feel a little better and have moment of repriever where I feel like I might get over this.   See my other posting to the site about Vitamin B (don't take the pills just the natural foods that offer our bodies the full complex of Vitamin B) . . .  

The other thing is that I switched from Theraful which seemed to be the only thing that helped but I realized that you can only take that for a maximum of 7 DAYS!  So I have switched to 1 200mg Ibuprofen  and 1 30mg tablet of Sudafed every four hours and that helps dry up the mucus and eliminates the awful pains in my side from coughing.

Hope this helps everyone.   Best wishes, Frank
Someone just told me that if I had Pertussis, I would not be able to do half the things I am doing so. . .   I have no idea what is up and just hope this goes away  - it is still with me day 31 and counting.

Adult Croup??  Who knows, I didn't go to medical school and only wish we had a national health care system so I could get some professional help.

Frank
Sandy,  Thank you for replying . . .  I appreicate learning about your experience . . .  I think I am going to stop playing doctor now and go to a professional two days from now.  You words of support are appreicated.

Frank
Misery loves company - I am in my 2nd bout with this mysterious affliction and am about at my wits end. The first bout did finally subside without a doctor but not sure why.  This current bout started about 4 weeks ago and this time I saw the doctor right away.  Went through the zpack and subsequently 5 day prescription of CIPRO and just started the 3rd antibiotic today - Doxycycline. Symptons include very deep and productive cough, - night time coughing fits - runny nose - (clear mucous) dizziness, ear ache, sinus pain and headache.  Generally tired and lothargic.  My 27 year old son has it as well and is also on his third antibiotic.  Hot tea and honey help the cough but after going years with no colds whatsoever, I am really really tired of this.  This is the first year I ever had a flu shot. Not sure I will do another.
I am from India  I am surpised to see so many people suffring from this cough( that too from the US!)  and notihng seems to work there too!
I have on and off cough from last 6 months. I have taken off from my job cause of this constand coughing. the cough is so bad many a times i end up vomiting at the end of it.
I tried ayurveda , homeopathy, normal antibiotics anti histamins anti allergins nothign works. everything seems to keep the cough down for 15 days max and then I am sick again. For me its not just cough, i am tired and I cannot concentrate as well when I am sick with this.
I too discovered this site today http://www.lionsgrip.com/cough.html let me see if this works.
You might be right about these chemtrails.  I started really wondering if it was a coincidence about the things I saw.  A large plane flying over at 1:00 AM and then a short time after it would fly over, I could hear a light rain falling on all the trees.  No clouds in the sky though, and this happened and is probably still happening about 4 times a month.

I didn't think anything of it, probably spraying for mosquitoes.  Then I got sick.  Sickest I have EVER been in my 40 years of life.  Been sick with chest congestion for going on 9 weeks, started with very hard dry cough, broke a rib coughing, on 3rd time of antibiotic, inhalers, antihistamines, now root canal(related?), very very tired, can't focus, losing tons of money from not working and high priced medications like levaquin. only thing good is i quit smoking 1st week into this.

I think our government is spraying bad stuff in the air to try and get any illegal citizens in the ER, spies, terror cells, etc.  They are most likely NOT vaccinated like the rest of us.  Bad thing is, I'm walking around not vaccinated against whooping cough so I'm told.  Could this be what I have?  On second dosage of levaquin, this time for 14 days.

by andrewr270

", Jan 16, 2008 09:52AM
To: the coughers
It happening all over the country.  Its the goverment spraying chemicals from airplanes thats putting particles into the air thats irritating and infecting the lungsAcute respiratory distress syndrome
Bronchoscopy with transbronchial biopsy
Chronic obstructive pulmonary disease
Coal worker's lungs - chest x-ray
Coal worker's pneumoconiosis
Collapsed lung, pneumothorax
Diaphragm and lungs
Heart-and-lung transplant
Incision for lung biopsy
Lung anatomy
Lung biopsy. The coughCough
Pertussis is the body trying to rid itself of the foreign objects. Look up "chemtrials" on the internet. Good luck"
well has anyone been on inhalers that has never had asthma, thats my problem, am on inhalres have wheezed for a month or longer .  i think it leaves some of us with asthma  and i hate inhalers they make me very shakey (shaky) anyone haveing this proble with the cold ive had it now 3 months
When I was 10, I was on a steroid inhaler for about 3 months when I lived in the Brampton area because I would stop breathing and have what appeared to be an asthma attack. We later learned that it was the pollution burning my throat and lungs when I slept to the point that my esophagus would shut down. My parents swiftly moved me to a northern climate with fresher air. I haven't had any problems because of it.

I have had this cough since October 2008. It started out wet and muscus-y and the walkin-clinic doc said it was a sinus infection. I took the Amoxycillin even though I have immunity to it, and nothing happened. The colds have come and gone, and I am still coughing. It's particularly bad when I am in a dry climate naturally. I am active and full of energy, but I cough all the time.

The only way I've been able to relieve my symptoms is by drinking warm fluids (not the best for it) and sucking back Vicks cough drops like candies.

I would love to know whats wrong. I don't feel like going back to the doctor because I know I'm going to get "it's bronchitis" and when its not bronchitis, it'll be something else that it really isn't and I can't afford to  be going on a million different medications.

anyone have any clue yet?
[QUOTE] trbjerk6: We seem to have the same or something similar in SE PA.  My Mother lives with me and she caught it on the day after Christmas and I caught it on New Year's eve.  I was gobbling Vitamin C before I caught it but that did not fight this thing off.  It started as a heavy cough, then headache, then some sniffles.  Now, it just makes you cough.  Some days, you wake up thinking you are feeling better and have it all behind you.  Then, overnight it sneaks back and hammers you down again.  I do not have asthma and rarely get sick.  My Mother had her flu shot and has not been sick in 2 years.  We are sick now and I don't remember anything like this.[/QUOTE]

I have the same thing. However, my doctor believe I caught Strep on the Christmas plane trip. When I arrived, the following day I felt like I was having some kind of allergic reaction, as I had a runny nose, a bad headache, sore throat, and was overall feeling weak. When I arrived home on the 29th this thing turned into a cough. I went to my doctor and he said he believes I caught Strep. Also, my right eye puffed up and there was a discharge indicating pink eye. Still need to get the lab results.

I have been taking Vitamin A, C, and D2 to help boost my immune system. Sometimes it feels like things are getting better, then all of a sudden I have a coughing fit, like this morning. I took a Hals and it quieted the cough. Also, my voice is hoarse and I sound like I have a cold.
I know exactly how you are feeling!! i started to cry the other day cuz i am so sick of being sick... hopefully we both start to feel better soon!
I had this problems last year.
im frm singapore, weather here is kinda moist. but i sleep in the air-con room every night cuz temp in sgp is too hot.
i've been coughing for 2 mths, tried to see my family doc and was diagnose as broncitits. so i took the precribe med(cant rem what med was it though) for 1 week. but it did not get any better at all, instead, it got more worst.

this time im coughing, had alot of clear mucus.(trust me, its really alot), chest congestion, difficulty breathing. all symtom gets worst esp in the night. however, if i sleep without the air-con my cough will get a little better. i assume its because of air-con room the humidity is drying, if i sleep without the air-con, the humidity is quite moist. as singapore weather is alot more moist then in USA.

okay, here is the most impt part. how i cure my cough away after 2 mths of waiting and visiting tons of doc...

this is the TCM the one i go to, after 2 weeks of some chinese herb. i was healed and the cough never ever came back.

does US or other country has TCM?
u guys can try to go to ur country's chinatown.
find a shop that sells chinese herb or see a chinese physician.
they will check ur pulse at ur wrist, asked what happen to you.
something to do with 'heat' or 'coldness' in your body.
then they can precribe with the remedy tat suit you.
we chinese believe that chinese herb will heal the 'roots of the cause' unlike western method heals from the effects.
thats why some of you after taking some drug, u feel slightly better, but the cough eventually came back as worst again.

just my 2cents worth.
It's going around in Toronto too, that's Toronto, Ontario, Canada. Started just before Xmas holiday season and most people still have a cough. Seems to move from lungs, to throat to sinus area, then repeats.

Slowly getting better but sometimes I wake up feeling worse than I did a few days earlier.

What can we do?
I wrote of my horro cough last Jaunary.  It finally went away.  However, from time to time, I still have to cough.  Maybe just once but something has been changed in my body.  At least, I haven't been sick yet this Winter.
My father has had the cough that bothers him every night for 2 years.  Sometimes just temperature change can cause the coughing.  He is in the process of running all kinds of tests with doctors and all come back negative.  After reading about nettie pots on this site, I called him and told him to give it a try.  He uses it daily and loves it!!!  It has helped his cough and he says he can breathe better.  He said he will continue using the nettie pot forever.  Hope this helps.
I live in Vancouver and have been sick since mid January. I had a hoarse voice then it turned to a cough which produce coloured phlegm. I have also had a runny nose with a neverending snot supply. I don't feel tired and I function well but I am hampered by this phlegm. I went to the clinic twice and was first prescribed antibiotics for bronchitis but they didn't work. Then I got prescribed Avelox and that lessened it but I still have this stuff now and it has been almost 2 weeks.
I have been sick for over a year with  the same symptoms, never ending phlegm, slight sore throat, headaches and for thepast three months I break out into a sweat when I eat at times.
hi. after a month of different diagnoses, antibiotics, cough medicines, streoids, xrays and inhalers, I was still sick. I went to a new doctor with a list of all medications i was prescribed and my symptoms. I had a coughing attack in the office and he immediately said it was pertussis, a.k. whooping cough. He did bloodwork, testing specifically for pertussis. the bloodwork came back negative but he said that might be because of all the antibiotics i was on. He still felt sure that it was pertussis and reported it somewhere as a probable case. Now, of a month later, i still have the cough and have cracked some ribs and pulled muscle fibers. i really can't take much more of this... could i have pertussis?
My some had a cough that would not clear up and was starting to damage his vocal cord and doctor wanted to operate not even addressing the constant cough -A neighbor had a guest from New York and her child had the same problem -both our children had a series of antibiotics & breathing treatments-Her son finally got better after using Biaxin so I told my Doctor to try -It worked within a few days he was better.It's a broad spectrum anti biotic -though I don't know what organism was the culprit it worked & no operation!
I want to tell you all about something that has been nothing short of a miracle for me, and something that I'm sure most of you have heard of...apple cider vinegar (ACV). For the past several years, whenever I would catch a cold, I would get a cough that would last upwards of 2-1/2 months. I, not being a huge fan of Dr.'s and their hit-and-miss methods of treating patients, or medicine's they prescribe, started looking for something natural that would help me, AND BOY DID I FIND IT! I tried all the usual over the counter remedies, as well as echinacea and zinc to help ward off any cold, some helped a little, and some didn't. I finally read all about the health benefits of Apple Cider Vinegar, and although was very apprehensive of drinking vinegar, I decided to give it a try...the results were AMAZING! In the past, every time that I would get sick, I would get that marathon cough, but so far, not any more. I've had 3 colds (actually only 2, but I'll explain) this year, but I haven't had a cough due to a cold, in over a year now. A year ago last November, I was locked in the midst of that miserable cough when I first tried ACV....my cough went away. I didn't give it too much credence, since this was my first time, but I was still optimistic. Well, like I said, this past year I've had 3 colds, but the difference this time was that immediately when I started feeling a cold coming on, I started taking the ACV. The first cold never took hold, and the symptoms went away almost immediately, and the second and third colds only lasted around 4 days, AND NEVER PROGRESSED INTO ANY COUGH AT ALL!!! ACV is not a cure, but in my case, it has definitely shortened the length and reduced the severity of the colds I get, which for me has been miraculous. I have to admit, IT TASTES HORRIBLE, but the benefits are so very worth it. I guess when you get sick, your body turns acidic, but if you take the ACV, it's supposed to regulate your PH, or something like that. All I know is, it has worked for me, and that's all that matters. If you're interested, you need to take the organic ACV (BRAGGS) because it still has the "mother" in it. You can find Braggs in most health food/vitamin stores, or you can order online at www.bragg.com. I will take 3 tablespoons in a large class of water twice a day from the moment that I feel that twinge of a cold, until the cold is gone. Don't forget to shake the bottle of ACV very well EVERYTIME before you use it because the "mother" collects at the bottom. Keep it refrigerated after opening. Also, and I cannot stress this enough, DO NOT take this on an empty stomach!!!!! ACV has many other health benefits that many swear by, so the ACV may be able to help other health issues you may be having. There are many websites dedicated to the health benefits of ACV, here are a few...

1. www.apple-cider-vinegar-benefits.com  
2. http://earthclinic.com/Remedies/acvinegar.html  

I hope ACV is able to help you as much as it's been able to help me.
i havent got a cough but i have a terrible cold which wont go away i have had it for 3 to 4 weeks now !!!
i have tried all sorts of medicines. cold and flu tablets and it didnt work den paracetamol and didnt work lemsip and it didnt work now i really dont know what to do.
I've got something similar although do have asthma. I had a cold over Christmas and been stuck with a cough since Jan. I know what you mean about the doc surgery being all booked up; I have to wait ages only to be told to take medicine for colds and flu along with my inhalers, and to go back if the cough persists. So I go back to be told the same thing. I've tried courses of lots of cold/ flu/ cough medicines off the shelf including throat sweets and Vicks nasal spray/ chest rub but nothing works. I now wake up in the middle of the night coughing away and can't stop so am tired all day. I just don't know what to do as my doc is useless.  
My husband and another couple went on vacation mid-March to France.  All 4 of us became ill towards the end of the trip with a terrible pharyngitis.  It progressed to bronchitis, conjunctivitis and, total fatigue. My husband and I were both tested for strep - and were both negative.  We are all still suffering more than 3 weeks after returning.  We still have mild conjunctivitis and the pharyngitis comes and goes.  I still have bronchial congestion, but not too much cough.  My husband still coughs at night quite a bit.  We are so tired of being sick!  I think this must be a new emerging virus and some pharma company needs to jump on it.  Might be a prime candidate for a vaccine.  My opinion - I'd rather have the flu.
PLEASE everyone go get ur Vit D3 serum levels checked!!! u want ur levels to be around 25ng/mL or a little higher but not by much...And ur homes checked for molds (any kind) I can assure u ALL have a Vit D3 deficiency... If tests come back negative for mold then I would recommend taking a min. 3000iu of D3 with 300 to 500mg of calcium a day year round and 5,000iu of D3, 3 times a day for 3 days on onset of cold/flu with a good quality pro-biotic and fiber 25grams for women and 35g for men then continue the regular dose and continue the fiber, calcium and pro-biotics with D3 for life. but never take calcium without D3 as the calcium deposits into ur arteries (hence heart desease) and D3 helps ur body to properly absorb the calcium. I had many problems with my teeth, hormone imbalances, vaginitis and flues. I had my serum checked and I was below 10ng/mL 4yrs ago and now I have had only 2 flues in 4yrs.... thanks for reading : ) anything u want to know about health please feel free to contact me here and I will help or guide you int he right direction...
I have been sick for 5 weeks.  I have been on 3 antibotics, an inhaler, now a nebulizer every four hours, oral steriods, Mucinex etc.  I can not get WELL.  I am still coughing and I am still producing tons on congestion.  I drink tons of water, and I still can't get rid of this illness.  Does anyone know what this is???  Please help.  I am too sick to work, and I need to get back to my normal life with my family and friends.  I have been a shut in for the past 5 weeks. :(
the post above yours is the most helpfull. Take vitamin D at least 3,000 IU daily
drink 3 cups of green tea a day for 3 days
take MegaMen Sport vitamins from GNC as it has high levels of Vitamin D and selenium that will allow your body to convert to glutathione and power your immune system and white blood cells.

wow  it  looks  like this  nasty cold flu/cough thing is around  the  world, i`m in Australia, prior  to  this  year(2010) i rarely  ever got a got a cold,   my  illness went  through stages, first slight  runny  nose follower by  unrelenting runny nose, then maybe a day  or two later it  drained  the  energy out  of  me and  i got a bit  of  fever,  it  felt  like  my  brain was  swelling.
after about a week the head  cold  part seemed  to subside a  bit  and  the  cough  took over, as  others have mentioned  no  respite  from the  cough even while  trying  to  sleep and  have stomach/chest  pain from the severity of  the  cough.............this is  the stage i`m  up to  now
        i had  this  earlier in the  year it  may have  been a tad  worse last  time (yes  i thought  i  was  going to  die), even after  the  last  time  maybe  5/6 months  ago when it  finally  all  but went away,  now and  again  i  would  still have a slight  cough on occasion, i am wondering if  this  is  one  of  those exotic  virus  strains  like  bird flu or  swine  flu? i might  add this  went  through our  whole family, is  this what  we have too look forward to now  year after year?  
I have been experiencing the same thing! I get regular cold-like symptoms every other month or every couple of weeks and the cough lingers on for weeks and weeks after the rest of the symptoms have gone away. My doctors, family, and friends have continually dismissed it as just a regular cold but it never really clears up and it always comes back with a vengeance. Everyone keeps telling me to stop being a baby and just "man up," but it's beginning to seriously interfere with my daily life. I have never missed as much school and work as I have in the past year due to this reoccurring sickness that won't let me be.

I have tried numerous over the counter medications and some prescriptions but there is no relief from the pain or the endless coughing. It feels like my lungs are trying to crawl up my throat and escape. I often cough to point where I gag and/or vomit. Sometimes it's so severe that my stomach muscles become cramped or sore from coughing so hard and so frequently.

This other symptom may or may not be related, but since I have been becoming sick so easily and frequently, I have been experiencing night sweats every other, if not every, night. No matter what I do I can't stop them from happening, and I can't explain it. Could this be related?

Does anyone have any advice?

Does anyone have any advice?
Go to your doctor -- persistent cough and night sweats are red flags for tuberculosis, which does still occur in the US!
This flu is the worst ever.  Day 1, fever, rigors, sore throat.  Day 2 felt like death. Day 3-4 all of the above plus vomiting and diarrhoea.  Day 5 headache, fog, sore eyes and cough...  Now day 10 the cough just goes on and on.  Nothing stops it.  When will it go?  Mb.  Hobart Australia.
My mother and father got sick a week before christmas. My father is just now getting better. My mother is still sick coughing. They live in Kentucky. Me I am in OR. I came down with it the 11th of Feb. 2011. I am still coughing my brains out. Mine started off just like everyone elses on this page. Bad cough, ear ache fever. I feel like crap. I have taken antibiotics. Mucinex.. Ibiprophen. Everything in my cabinet. Nothing is helping. I feel aweful. About the time I think I am getting better. I get worse. I woke up this morning just dreading the day. My neck hurts. My head hurts, my ribs hurt. I am miserable.  on the west coast.. I haven't seen any planes dropping anything. I wish I could say there were just so that might be an answer..
My chest is tight this evening. Nothing is helping. Mucinex and V -C is what I am doing today. Tomorrow maybe different. I may have to go on antibiotic. I  don't know what to do. If anyone wants to talk about this with me
you can contact me at ***@****
I would really like to know how you all are!
Hoping you all get better

Big hugs
Sick too!
Jolee
  I am an older active and fit woman who visited South East Asia for a month recently with my husband. Gorgeous trip - the weather was 33 degrees and very humid every day. Most of the locals wear masks as the air pollution is fierce. Lots of A/C to survive.

I seldom get a cold and like to brag that my immune system is great.
He gets a flu twice a year whether he wants it or not.
In the meantime (girls) I bleached the entire head twice and used 3 toners
in my washroom (bad hair day) shortly after my return. Bleach in plastic bag - opened it several times of course not thinking. Obsessed with the colour only.
Ironically, I went on B- vitamins/antioxidants etc. then all of a sudden
I develop this dry persistent cough which a few times became violent -
I was talking on my iphone on the hwy - BlueAnt on the visor and both hands on the wheel (Canada) had a coughing jag and stopped breathing
momentarily - not pretty. I stopped talking and the coughing stopped too.

I am over the acute stage and now it's chronic especially during the night.
A dry chest cough - no other symptoms - a bit of white expectorant which
was a little yellow - mainly white. I am playing golf  and feel normal I think.

QUESTION: What do you think is causing the chronic dry cough?
it's been 3 weeks. I feel congested. I will have a chest xray and see
my doctor soon.Can anyone relate to air pollution and/or chemical irritant?
This is new to me.  Wishing you all the best health.
- Mary Kate

I feel for you.  Read all your comments.  I am in my 7th week of coughing after getting over a nasty "cold" that lasted three or more weeks, and have begun researching on the net to find answers.  I've had this two years ago and got more or less the same response from the doctors that you are getting.  

I have taken note of some of your helpful suggestions and will try them out.  So far the only thing that seems to work for me is to take a prescription cough syrup with codeine for sleep - I need my rest to get well again!  Another thing I find helpful is to try to relax and to focus on my breathing.  Sometimes when I feel stressed I tend to breathe shallowly.  So actively trying to monitor my breathing so I ensure that I am breathing normally - and not shallowly, helps.  I'll let you all know if I find any other good answers to this continuing problem.
I've had a cough for 12 weeks. It started off worse at night and I was waking up hot and sweaty,as well as bringing up yellow muscus. I was prescribed a 7 day course of antibiotics and given a chest x-ray as my doctor said one of my lungs sounded dull. The x-ray didn't show anything unusual. The cough got a little better but still lingered for a few weeks, though I was no longer bringing anything up. It got worse (I wasn't going 10 minutes without coughing) and I started bringing stuff up again so went back to my doctor who prescribed me a 10 day course of ciprofluxin (spelling may be incorrect), he asked me to come back in 3 days. I went back and he said the antibiotics should have had more of an effect and prescribed me a brown inhaler. It had got a lot better but is still here. I'm now also getting a burning sensation in the throat at night. Have had the inhaler nearly two weeks, don't know whether to go back to the doctor. I also cough every time I use the inhaler.
please help me guys i have been having this caugh for 6months now !!! im so tired . all the stuff the doc gives just doesnt help at all. its bad during the night. i have tried everything the longest i got relive was 4days after a friend suggested marijuana at that stage my ribs was so sore. i am taking vita c and b . i am trying everything warm ginger beer , air purifyers and my doctor .
im thinking of moving to the coast my kid is 2years and has the caugh as well. please help.  
I got sick the first days of January in Lake Tahoe, I got a low fever and sweat. I went back home to San Diego.. Took all kinds of medicines, you name it, I tried it..even shots!! It wouldnt go away until one day i woke up and couldnt breath at all so my mom took me to urgent care.. this was around MARCH or APRIL.. they said might start having bronchitis and gave me 3 shots and prescribed some medicines i cant remember the name. I've been taking vitamins and all sort of things. Its september and I still got the goddamn cough.. its been NINE months... i feel like imma die next year. I dont know what to do, Im tired of coughing and spitting, im tired of medicines... im tired..

any suggestions? ill gladly consider it,
thanks
Thought I would add my 2 cents. I started with a bad cold in July of '09. It progressed to pneumonia in October of '09 and I have been coughing ever since. I have been back to my doctor about every few months, where I get singulair, advair, inhalers, antibiotics and prednisone. This same cycle has been repeated 5 or 6 times. She has done an abdomen CT, Lung CT, xrays, blood tests for allergies. Nothing has turned up. I take 5000 i.u.s a day of vit d and have for over a year, along with vit c and b and barley grass. Still coughing as I type. So over it.
I have been sick for almost ten weeks now and am so over it and found this website and I wanted to say I have the same symptoms as everyone else and frankly I think these drs are playing guessing games with my health . I have been dxed with everything from bronchitis to walking pneumonia and have taken three sets of antibiotics and frankly I think Im feeding it with all of them . I think this must be some sort of those super bug viruses and it is immune to the antibiotics or like I said feeding off of them .Im almost ready to go see a dog gone eastern medicine dr and see if he can pull this mess out of me . I dont know what else to do expect maybe start boosting my immune system with vitamins and herbs . Oh well here is to all of us getting better .
You should go see an allergery and immunology Dr.  Allergies only show up in skin tests, not blood tests
Dear I have been to the allergist and immunology dr and they ran skin and blood tests and it was all negative . So thanks for the tip but not really a help . Im just hoping that my body will fight it and get over it soon . Right now Im working on boosting my immune system and Im hoping that will work . take care .
I have been sick since the middle of August.  I started with a dry cough right before we went on a cruise.  I don't think the air in our cabin was the best and that may have made it worse.  The ship Dr prescribed a z-pack which didn't help at all.  Since then I have had Augmentin, Levaquin, Prednisone and Sulfa and still am coughing up greenish mucus.  I am so tired of putting all of this medicine in my body and not getting well.
I just got out of the hospital yesterday and was admitted for three days and now am home on oxygen therapy . If you are coughingup green mucus you have pneumonia and need to go to the hospital and get admitted and let them take xrays of your chest . I got breathing treatments while I was there and I feel alot better now but Im still cautious and am doing the follow up . I am also going to be on oxygen therapy for a month because I was told it takes one month to get better after a bad pneumonia . Im also still on prednisone and cipro . I will come back and post when I see the follow up doctor on friday .
Is anyone getting any answers about this yet? My husband and I both have this stupid cough(we don't even smoke) now our 10 month old son has it. We've been going to dr. after dr. will no "real" answers. Just antibiotics,and inhalors galore. It's so miserable. It's almost as if doctors know what it is but don't want to tell anyone. I think it could be from the chemtrails. There's a documentary on youtube about it and it is for sure happening in my area (northern CA).  My throat gets so dry and scratchy I have to carry water everywhere I go. I even got my tonsils out thinking it would help...well it did for the sore throats I was getting all the time. But I still have this stupid cough. I also spit up gunk in the morning and my ears hurt. My husband has been spitting up brown sometimes in the morning, it's pretty gross.. He refuses to go to the dr. now because they don't help. Anyone have any advice or answers. We are even thinking about moving out of the country to have access to better healthcare. IDK anymore.
I couldn't help but notice that you also live in CA. I used to live in the Reno/Tahoe area. I can't help but think that was right around the time I started feeling like this. There are so many people that I know of feeling like this. Everywhere I go people are hacking. Anyhow, what ever it is, if it's deadly it's a slow miserable death. lol Something needs to be done about this and it needs to be addressed by doctors, not just swept under the rug!!!!!!!!
Not sure what part of Oregon you live in but you need to watch this. I live 2 hours south of OR. This was filmed in my area.

http://youtu.be/5Az9KLdp_i8
Honey if your husband is spitting up rusty looking colored stuff that is a serious form of pneumonia and he needs to be admitted to a hospital . I do believe that is the only thing that helped me was going to the hospital . I felt like I was going to die that night if I did not go .Please get yourself and your husband to a hospital .
i already take antibiotic for my pneumonia but i had colds again can i take again antibiotics? i need to return to have my medical sothat my xray will ne cleared
I have this too, it started at the beginning of october. I am in upstate ny.
Had this blasted sickness for only 3 and a half weeks now, but the cough is driving me mad. Started roughly Oct. 19th, only 2 days after getting "immunized" with this season's Flu shot, and also Pneumonia vaccine at the same time (different arms), while at a visit to my Diabetes Specialist on Oct. 17th. Yes I have insulin-dependent Diabetes, so that would include a so-called "compromised" immune system according to all my healthcare professionals. I am a 40 yr. old male in Michigan. On he 19th, i was feeling congested in my sinuses, a headache, some post-nasal drip, which would trigger cough. Always have trouble sleeping. No fever. I actually had a wellness appointment with my regular Internist on the 24th. I was coughing, and congested, but they opted not to do anything, thinking it might be a viral "cold" that had been going around. None of my mucus was discolored. So fine. But several more days passed, and on Thurs. the 27th, both my wife and I experienced what we first thought was food poisoning! She was also dealing with a "cold" at this time, though not so bad a cough, and had finished a Z-pack script a few days earlier. We had diarrhea and Nausea and chills and were completely incapacitated for about 24 hours. A doctor friend of mine wrote me a Z-Pack antibiotic script when I told him about this, and my "cold", which I took, but did not affect the so-called "Cold" at all. So now it is November 11th. Wife is better, though she still has an occasional touch of a cough, and has been for about a week, but not I. I am still very congested in my nasal sinuses. Mucus is produced, but no discoloration. Never a fever, that I can tell, but sometimes I get night "sweats" that might indicate a fever break. The worst in the unrelenting cough. Always worse at night, and when lying down. I can cough up a little mucus, but it is clear. The cold dry air outside triggers coughing fits, too. Cold drinks can trigger a coughing fit. Coughing wakes me up every hour or two all night. I have tried Tussionex by script (hydrocodone-based cough suppressant) to quiet the cough, and get some sleep, to no avail. I get nightmares, and completely dried out, and still cough. Nyquil doesn't help. Mucinex DM didn't help. Prescription Flonase (fluticasone nasal spray for Congestion) helped the nasal congestion a little, but jacked my blood sugar way up, and didn't help with the cough. So now I keep coughing. My sternum hurts from coughing. I do take Halls Menthol drops like an addict and those will quiet my coughing trigger for as long as they last in my mouth, but I have taken so many, I think they are "burning" my tongue, which has little sores on it. Sometimes I take one or two at night when I have woken up, but I'm afraid I'll fall back asleep with one in my mouth and choke on it! Yet more COUGH COUGH COUGH. Loud and abrasive, and generally non-productive. It is driving me nuts now as I approach 4 weeks. Docs shy away from Steroids with me because of the Diabetes. I am thinking maybe it is Pertussis. I am not looking forward to going on with this for weeks and weeks into the future. I think I'll go mad. Oddly, I also quit the anti-depressant drug Cymbalta cold-turkey on Oct. 15th. Don't think that would have anything to do with it at all, but really, who knows? But this cough sure as heck is depressing.
This started for me in early oct as well, & won't go away! I'm from Houston, TX. Where the weather changes like if someone is PMSING! dont know what to do! FML
wow - this exact same thing is going on with 3 of my family members... i'm getting nervous.. my one daughter is still on an inhaler for a wet constant cough and my son has a on and off fever, z pack and inhaler... now throwing up mucous and now a wet cough (went from dry one to wet and bad in one day).... been going on from Nov 1st...  how did they finally find out?  no x-ray prior to your hospital visit?
Please get your family members to the hospital and have them get the breathing treatments cause if they are having the same symptoms as me they have double pneumonia and need to be hospitalized . I have had to make another trip to the er cause the cough kept getting worse now Im on a codiene based cough syrup and more prednisone and more doxy cycline . I have taken so much meds Im having trouble paying my rent and now with turkey day coming up and have no funds for it . This illness has ruined me for the holidays and frankly after being sick for five months already Im ready for this lousy year to be gone . Good luck to you .
I too, have this. About 7 weeks ago, I thought it was a sinus infection (I'm prone to them). I kept getting worse and worse and finally, 2 weeks ago, got a zpack. I felt ok while taking it but it came back once I stopped. I have major sinus pressure, pain in face, dry, intermittant cough, wheezing and my neck hurts (not swollen though).                                     I went to Urgent Care last Sunday and was diagnosed with Acute Bronchitis & Sinusitis and given a breathing treatment, pro-air inhaler, nasal spray, docycycline & prednisone. I started feeling better then relapsed yesterday (6 days later).   I'm about at my wits end -- it feels like I have a gallon of fluid in my lungs though the Dr. last Sunday said my chest xray was clear and I'm so weak and tired. I'm outside of Detroit, MI.
Bronchitis  is what they said I have withba sinus infection but they gave me  z pack and that hasn't worked then they gave me penicillin  but that didn't work they gave me an inhaler but that only helps for a few it's been 4 weeks and I'm sore and tired pleased help what should I do next
How old is everyone? I am 38. I noticed that another person was 40. Here's my story. As a child, I had double pneumonia after having an unrelated outpatient surgery. I've been fine all these years. At age 20, I started smoking. I smoked for about 10 years. Then I stopped cold turkey. About eight years ago, I started to have bouts of coughing with fever that lasted several days. When it wouldn't go away, I finally went to a doctor. He prescribed a Z-pack and gave me an inhaler for asthma symptoms. The drugs worked. But I have had bouts with the same thing every 3-6 months since then. It usually goes away after 3-4 weeks, but it leaves me almost unable to carry on with my normal routine while I am sick.

I went several months this year with no illness. In mid-September, though, I developed a fever and classic cold/flu symptoms. I was exhausted and dizzy with a mild headache. Then I developed sinus problems. After about a week, it seemed that the initial symptoms were fading. But they were replaced by a terrible cough with wheezing. It was at its worst when I was sleeping. After about two hours of coughing in the morning, I usually was able to carry on with my normal routine. The coughing went from frequent to sporadic. The wheezing, though, has never completely gone away. I felt that I was nearly well a week ago. But I developed cold symptoms again a few days ago, and now I can tell that I'm on my way back to the worst part, which is the constant coughing and hacking.

My body is getting to where I'm not sure it can continue to handle this. I once suspected that I had chronic bronchitis, which is common among smokers. This time, though, it feels like pneumonia. And now I've read here about pertussis, allergies, asthma.

I have no idea what this is. But I want to be well like the rest of you. So I'm going to shell out some money to visit a doctor tomorrow. I have no insurance coverage. So it's going to come out of the Christmas money for my kids. I'm hoping that there is an easy explanation. But I'm worried now after reading all of these stories. Are the doctors mis-diagnosing what's wrong with people? I have no idea what to do. I feel like I have developed a distrust of doctors after reading all of this. It almost sounds like they're just operating a fast food operation. They toss you a Z-pack and bring in the next customer like it's a burger joint. I hope I can stress for the doctors how serious my problem is. Because I want this problem to go away for a long time. This has adversely affected my life for the past several years.
I also have a dry hacking cough and somewhat of an irritated throat .and I get hives, ..a member a few posts back suggested the airial spraying and I have come to the conclusion tha'ts what is causing so much sickness here , I am in between LA and SanDiego each day we have chem trails across the sky lots of them and yes they do linger and yes they are toxic they do fall to the ground and we do breathe them in ...I looked it up and you guys should do it aswell you will get a shock on what they are doing to us ..PS its all around the world... UK has a lot of chem trails ..its do with experimenting how to change our weather .Write to your congressman ...I will see f I can find the link .
I am a 40 yr. old woman with diabetes. My children started daycare in April 2011. The first day of daycare my daughter got the flu and that's where it all started. Within a couple of weeks and she was over the  flu we both came down with something. They called it a stomah virus. For me that's when it all started I soon was coughing and my mom and dad both had pharyingitis and a bacterial infection. We were all treated at the same time with Z-packs. I got rid of the cough for a few days and then I was back to coughing my head off. I couldn't sleep and was given codeine cough syrup for night time relief. But, I was still drinking tons of water, cough drops, humidifier, another trip to the doc, inhaler, nebulizer, chestx-ray for pnumonia. I went back to the doc  and he gave me another round of antibiotics and prednisone. I started feeling really weird towards the end of taking the prednisone , I don't ever want to take that again I think I might be allergic. It was three rounds of antibiotics, 3 diagnosis's of bronchitis. I am now on flo-naise and it doesn't do much. I am so sick of this cough, I am sick of peeing and having to wear pads all the time, It is now November 2011 and I see no hope in sight. I think my family thinks I am dying of something horrific. I just want to get well. I also should add that I quit smoking in 2006. I am wondering if it is COPD. My friend has this too and  she said she has swollen glands and swollen glands on top of her head. She can't stop coughing and it is going on and on. I just want to stop coughing. I am going to make an appointment with a pulmonary doc and an allergist to try and get to the bottom of  this. Any ideas? My story sounds pretty similar to everyone else's. Maybe Dr. OZ knows what's up with this cough.
Im 50 yrs old and Im having the same symptoms over and over it keeps coming back after ending all the meds and I also have bladder leakage which I never had before all of this started . I also have to wear pads and frankly im tired of being on oxygen therapy . I have had so many cat scans and chest xrays it is not even funny and on monday I have a return drs apt and Im hoping he will tell me something . If not I will see another dr who can give me answers . I think we are all guinea pigs at the mercy of drs .
An update....I posted about my ordeal on Nov. 12th. It is now December 4th. My cough had started about Oct. 19th.

Well, I can report the cough and congestion are about gone. I say 'about gone', but not COMPLETELY. I still get that tickle on occasion, and it mostly seems to coincide with drinking something cold, which will trigger the dry cough again, or sometimes with eating certain foods....seems strange. And I still get a touch of the nasal congestion in the morning, but not enough to cause a significant post-nasal drip situation.

Happily, it isn't keeping me up at night anymore, which is a relief.

I'd say I feel about 90% OK....I wish it was 100%, but things are definitely much better and seem to be trending the right way after a month and a half (about 7 weeks).
My cold have left a little but I cough more at night and the cough have my throat very dry what do I need
I am doing research regarding the chem trails we are getting here, my dry cough continues, worse at night with irritated throat..Its toxins we are breathing in ..I an In CA and we get a lot of Chem trails ..
Is anyone on here 100% better ? Im curious because Im still no better . Im taking mucinex and that helps a little but still cough hard in the ams . Breathing is a little easier now and I just want to be well as Im sure everyone else on here does too . Please if anyone has gotten well already please let me know what you did to get well . thanks .
I think I am 100% better now. I even had a moment today where I thought, "i haven't coughed in... well I can't remember how long."

Like many of you, I was sick for months, starting in September after a hectic travel period around NY and England. It started like a typical cold: congestion, some headaches, runny nose, and then the coughing, especially at night right after I laid down for bed or within an hour or so. Lots of nights with little or no sleep :( But, as with some of you, there were still days when I'd feel 90% fine, and even go for long runs without any trouble.

In late December, after more travels and visiting family, lacking money to see a doc, I put myself on 100mg doxycycline (http://www.drugs.com/imprints/westward-3142-844.html) for 15 days - I was prescribed this last year as an antimalarial for traveling in Asia and had some left over. By day 5 I was feeling better, but I wanted to make sure and kill it. I've been off the doxycycline for 2 weeks now and I feel great.

It sounds like others are responding to antibiotics, but are not getting long enough periods of treatment (I'm not a doctor, it's just my guess). In any case, good luck.
I was taken off oxygen therapy finally on January 19th and now only get oxygen at night until my oximeter test comes back and see what they say . Anyways I was having pain when deep breathing a couple days ago now it seems to be subsiding everyday . Sometimes I feel good and other days not so good . I see my GP on monday and I do have to tell her all my symptoms and see if she sends me to the er or the imaging place for a ct scan . I hate those ct scans but hey I will do what is neccesary to get myself well . You see i have a phobia about cat scans but I am going to face my fears with this ct scan business and get it overwith ..I wish all of us luck with this mess we are going through . I find that the Lord is still in the healing business and I have used this opportunity to find my way back to the Lord . I will be also going back to church after I am 100 % well.
Hi All,

Ive been having a cough and cold for 2 weeks now and its keeping me up all night non stop coughing and making me tired every morning for when I go a work.
It first started with just coughing and then the 2nd day I didn’t have a lot of energy and was coughing non stop and keeping up people in my house because of it.
Also, im so blocked up that I cant even smell/taste anything. This seems to be going now.
Ive been taking paracetamol for my cold and also benylin cough medicine (2/3 times a day)
The cough seems to of got a bit better but its still there and sometimes even makes me gag! Its at its worst at about 3 or 6 in the morning.
Someone please help?
Not me I still have my cough I suggest anyone interested in their health look into environmental ..good luck
I feel the same way as you sick of being sick !!!!  Cough lasting to long , never before had this , dr's back and forth , OMG !!!!
Andrew was on to something. Look up mycoplasma, the look up chemtrail flu.

Now take the cure, doxycycline.

It can be ordered generically online without a prescription and requires and VERY long course of treatment, 4-12 months.
As an addendum to my previous statement it seems colloidal silver and a diet high in antioxidants and low in cholesterol can help speed recovery from Mycoplasma infections also.