Cold & Flu Community
Help! Loss of taste and smell!
About This Community:

This forum is for questions and support regarding cold and flu issues such as: Adult Cold, Adult Flu, Child Cold, Child Flu, Drugs and Medications, Immune Compromised Cold and Flu issues, Cold and Flu Prevention, Pneumonia, Senior Cold, Senior Flu, Treatments, Vaccines, The Flu Shot.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Help! Loss of taste and smell!

I am a 38 year old healthy female. I had a bad bout of bronchitis a few weeks back, but have healed since. I have lost my taste and smell, and am now going on a month! I can distinguish sweet, salty, and spicy, but that's it. My doctor mentioned puting me on steroids but that is out of the question for me. I am frustrated and a little scared to be quite frank. I LOVE my one cup of coffee in the morning, but it smells weird, almost burnt or kinda fishy. If someone is smoking, the smoke smells like burned hair? Someone please tell me this is related to the bronchitis and that it'll pass??? I am trying to be patient but I just want to know that someone else has had this and it went away!