Cold & Flu Community
High temperature / muscle fatigue / joint pain but no cough

This forum is for questions and support regarding cold and flu issues such as: Adult Cold, Adult Flu, Child Cold, Child Flu, Drugs and Medications, Immune Compromised Cold and Flu issues, Cold and Flu Prevention, Pneumonia, Senior Cold, Senior Flu, Treatments, Vaccines, The Flu Shot.

I have quite a high temperature.  It got to 102.75 today.  Also experiencing joint pain and muscle aches / malaise.  But have absolutely no respiratory symptoms.  No cough, no congestion, no sore throat, no sneezing or stuffy nose.  

Is it possible to have the flu and not have any respiratory symptoms?  I'm worried this may be something more serious.

Thanks for any replies.
I've been suffering for five days with joint pain in a majority my joints: shoulders, elbows, wrists, hands, knees, ankles, feet, I have no fever, cough, or any other flu symptoms, just a lot of pain. I had blood work done, for Lupus, Rhumatoid arthritis, and another arthritus, but all came back negative - thank God! However, no explanation of why I'm in such pain. It started with my right knee about two and a half months ago, and then last weekend my other knee, this past wednesday I developed a sore throat, strep test came back negative. I've been told I have "the flu", but what kind of flu? I've been researching the internet, but notta. I know what I don't have, but with all the pain and swelling of my joints...I want to know what I have.
I got the same symptoms five days ago lasting for three days.  My temperature fluctuated five times, with temperatures ranging from 97.4 to 102.6.  There was a period of body shaking for three hours before the last temperature rise.  I'm looking for the same answers.
Check for Lyme's disease...
I just had the same symptom yesterday. At around 7 pm I started feeling pain on my leg muscles, and my regular homewear was not warm enough for me, I had to put on extra layers, but still felt cold. I realized I was developing a fever. The fever climbed slowly but steadily, at around midnight I was well over 103. Yet I had no other symptoms, no throat pain, no running nose, no diarrhea, and had good appetite even though I forbid myself to eat. I just drank tons of fluid, made hot sage tea for myself, drank whenever I was able to, the fever broke after midnight, and I had the sweat of a lifetime. I am feeling better today. But still a little sore in some of my joints. Wonder what it is.
I have been having extreme joint pain in every joint imaginable last night it was so bad that i could not walk and i am healthy and 33 years old, also could barely pick up glass of water it was so painfull. I t was accompianced by a fever these extreme bouts come on twice a week usually in the evening. I was put on presidone which is helping the systems doc said i have to go for one week on an antibiotic if it doesn't work then off to the reumy. He said it is a virus or may be lupus. innfamation in the blood white blood count little low and my anti bodies was off slightly not enough for a full blown diagnosis till i go through the anitbiotics been on it three days no improvement yet anybody have any ideas??thanks