How and when can you tell whether or not an excruciating sore throat is a cold?
I am a 29-year-old Gemini and therefore in for a very unhappy birthday this summer that has me depressed beyond words!!! But what has me worried at the moment is the fact that, although I am a NON-SMOKING, CHILDLESS, VIRGIN TEETOTALER who has never taken any drug more serious than a vitamin and Cod Liver Oil (every single day of my life to boost my immune system) within the past year, I have an excruciating sore throat and a cough drop in my mouth that barely helps!!! And I just took my temperature and got a reading of 99.3 F, my usual temp being about 97.5 F.

See, what really has me upset is that I don't know how or why I would be catching a cold!!! I don't work, go to school, or associate with many people, and I haven't had one since November of 2011 (17 months ago). So can you please help me before Age 29 gets ruined, just like every other age in my life besides "Lucky 27", with a disease I pride myelf on not getting? My hearing is becoming increasingly quiet with every sneeze, due to a high-pitched ringing noise in my head, and emotionally, I feel like I could just break-down and cry! This would be my 13th cold since turning 20 and thus an average of 1.3 per year, HELP!!!!!!!
Have you ever thought it may not be a cold? It could be allergies causing excessive drainage and making your throat sore and could have progressed into a ear infection? Have your dr check it can be easily fixed with a nasal spray and antibiotic. If you do not believe in those try fenugreek and thyme. They clear out sinus passages but like I said it may have already progressed into an infection. Best wishes, Sissie
Go to the doctor, you are depressed and colds are airborne. You need to cheer up, life is good, but you need friends. Being unhappy can lower your resistance and could be helping in making you sick. Tell your doctor how you feel and he can help you. Cheer up! Find a hobby, join a group.
you need to calm down. colds, flus. streptoccus and all that are airborne so you dont have to be around people to catch it. do u still have ur tonsils?? i used to get sick all the time sinus infections and strep throat at least once or twice a year until the cut them puppies out now i rarely get sick and if  do its not that bad. It could also be allergies 'tis the season, trust me i know im allergic to grass of all things
Yes, I still have my tonsils. But I haven't had tonsillitis since I was 16, although I've noticed some white bumps that are not as bad today.