How long is cold/flu contagious? Baptism on Sunday
My husband came home with a fever, aches and congestion on Monday. He saw the dr yesterday and he said it was viral and gave him meds for the congestion. He is already feeling better. We have our daughter's baptism on Sunday and will have many over to our house. Should we cancel? Could he possibly spread this to them? And would my son and I already be showing signs if we have caught it? Don't know what to do
Yopu pose questions I don't have the answers to. The prudent thing to do is to postpone the baptism a week, but on the other hand, this a week after the initial symptoms. Hmmmm. You and your son could be "carriers" and not necessarily show signs of the infection. Again, this is not likely, but possible. Certainly nobody with an immune compromised system or the very eldrly and rail should be present if you do have the baptism. One simple thing to do is to keep the windows open all over your house and get plenty of complete air exchanges. That is rule number one in the CDC guidlines to prevent the spread of airborne bacteria/virus infections. I would avoid aspirin, but use saline nasal spray and don't hesitate to use a cough suppressant. You should be complimented for your concern for others. I admire you.