I have this cough that will not go away
Ever since I was little, the story has always been the same. I get a minor cold, that is gone in about a week, but then my cough just lingers. One time it even lasted from memorial day to veteran's day. (The coughing is so severe, that last time it happened I ended up bruising a rib) According to my mother, I was diagnosed with something called viral-asthma (?) when I was little. I do in fact remember having an inhaler. She said that this condition went away as I got older. I'm just curious if that is in fact the case, because I still get this incessant cough every single time I get a cold. I'd like to know if there is any way to take care of it? Any advice or insight would be much appreciated, thank you.
have you been checked for acid reflex?  My cousion have the same thing.  Cough that would not go away and not cough meds helped.  Doctors said it was really bad cronic Acid reflex.  Could go to drug store and see try something over the counter like Nexium see if that works.  
It sounds like it may be allergies.  I would go see a good Allergist Dr.
Good luck!