Cold & Flu Community
IF I have walking pnemonia(pneumonia) am i contagious?

This forum is for questions and support regarding cold and flu issues such as: Adult Cold, Adult Flu, Child Cold, Child Flu, Drugs and Medications, Immune Compromised Cold and Flu issues, Cold and Flu Prevention, Pneumonia, Senior Cold, Senior Flu, Treatments, Vaccines, The Flu Shot.

I wasn't sure where to ask this question because there wasn't a category for walking pneumonia or upper respiratory infection , so here it goes anyway. Ok, so Last week on februrary the 2nd I got a sore throat, the next day I had a runny nose and felt like **** for a few days after that and then I developed a cough, I went to the doctor and he said I had upper respiratory infection (bronchitis).. so he gave me a z pac which lasted 5 days, and after day 3 I started feeling better and after the last pill, I felt fine. No cough, no sore throat, nothing. I got a call yesterday from my doctor's office saying that my blood test was positive for microplasma (mycoplasma) something or other.. and that the doctor prescribed me for a nother zpac to prevent me from getting pneumonia, but when they left a message with my mom she was told that I had it? I guess another word for microplasma (mycoplasma) something equals walking pneumonia? well, when I got the call I didn't realize that but I asked the girl who called if I was contagious and she said no. and yesterday was valentiens day and of course I kissed my boyfriend. He is going on a trip on Sunday .. he won't get sick from me right? Since I WAS on antibiotics already ... they just want me to continue with it I guess. Also, does walking pneumonia have to do with breathing problems since I no longer have that cough? The cough lasted a week and now it's gone, which is kind of strange.
Any answers would be appreciated
How many people have you heard "catch" pneumonia? About never sounds about right. :)

"We still mistakenly cling to the germ theory...For example, the bacteria that causes pneumonia called streptococcus pneumonia is a normal bacteria residing in all our throats. Since we all don't get pneumonia from it, the determining factor is not the virulence of the bacteria. The bacteria multiplies without restraint only when our immune systems become compromised." - Stephen Kuprowsky, ND, Nanaimo, BC