IS HE MISS DIAGNOSED?
Normally when you go to a hospital you wait in a waiting room and go back when they call you. However they had our hospital on lockdown due to a severe illness call the GI virus. When they finally called my husband to be seen it only took him 10 minutes in the back and he was sent back out. The doctors told my husband he has strep throat because he has a sore throat and fever. But never did a strep test or anything. Just gave him amoxicllin However he also has chills and night sweats and cold feet accompanied with a severe cough muscle aches and congestion thats making his chest really tight to the point he cant sleep at night. Not to mention the Antibiotics havent helped and its been 4 days. Does it sound like he was missed diagnosed and if so, What could be causing all these crazy symptoms?
Hi Bunny, I'm not a doctor, but wondered: Do you use a warm-mist humidifier at night? I have had the same thing (coughing chills), and find that a humidifier in my bedroom at night works well at breaking up the mucus. On top of this, I take Theraflu Nightime. I get this severe cold every March/April, often accompanied by fever/chills and night sweats. Coincidently, outbreaks of streps can occur in clusters, at certain times of the year. As a layman with experience with things like this: Make sure your husband completes the antibiotic course (USE IT ALL). Then, if it hasn't worked, go back and ask for something else; all antiobiotics are not created equal! There is also an easier-to-use 5-day course of antibiotics, where you take two pills on day one, and the rest over the course of 4 days. And that very virulent intestinal virus your hospital told you about also included fever and vomiting. They were right to go on "lock-down" status. I hope this helps. Of course, if your husband has shortness of breath, pain in either lung, or is vomiting blood, you need to take him back to the ER immediately.