Cold & Flu Community
Is It Possible to have the chills without ever feeling cold?
About This Community:

This forum is for questions and support regarding cold and flu issues such as: Adult Cold, Adult Flu, Child Cold, Child Flu, Drugs and Medications, Immune Compromised Cold and Flu issues, Cold and Flu Prevention, Pneumonia, Senior Cold, Senior Flu, Treatments, Vaccines, The Flu Shot.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Is It Possible to have the chills without ever feeling cold?

Thus far it has only happened 2 times within a matter of 3 months. The 1st time I had the shakes plus severe chills but here I was getting cold yet not as cold as I had became once I got under the covers. After a half hour under the blanket I still didn't warm up until the might old body warmth of another persons body heat came up against me as well as having me wear a jacket and sweat pants to bed. Within an hour I warmed up and was fine. Then 2 nights ago all day I was perfectly fine. Went to go to bed till suddently I place the blanket over me and oddly I began shivering uncontrollably and although I didn't use a jacket nor sweat pants but did use another persons body warmth I did warm up. I did notice prior to the shivering I started briefly with having a dry cough that lasted no longer than 3 minutes. During the night I awakened & also noticed I had been sweating. My boyfriend feels I have a bug going on in me. My thought is but this happened 2 times within 3 months and he states being it lasts less than 12 hours and its only 1 time within a particular month there is little a doctor can do. Upon waking up I was fatigued & although I am better now I'm still feeling a bit fatigued from the ordeal just not as bad as when it first happened. Any ideas/suggestions here?