Is cough after flu contagious?
My husband started getting the flu last Thursday.  By Monday he was getting over it, fever was gone, but he had a horrible productive cough.  Tuesday, the same, he felt normal, just an annoying cough.  I'm wondering if he is still contagious?  We have 2 little ones and I've been keeping them away from daddy, but last night our 3 year old snuggled with him.  He still has this 'productive' cough though (where he is coughing up phlem (sp?)).  Do you think he is still contagious?  As I said, his fever was gone by Monday morning and last night was the first close contact we've had with him.
No, I don't believe your child will catch the flu.  He was most contagious at the beginning.  I think since his fever broke, it's okay she was near him.  That one little snuggle probably did both a lot of good.  Be sure to disinfect most of the surfaces he and the children share.