Cold & Flu Community
Is it acute or chronic bronchitis that I have? Am I contagious?

This forum is for questions and support regarding cold and flu issues such as: Adult Cold, Adult Flu, Child Cold, Child Flu, Drugs and Medications, Immune Compromised Cold and Flu issues, Cold and Flu Prevention, Pneumonia, Senior Cold, Senior Flu, Treatments, Vaccines, The Flu Shot.

Trying to figure out if my bronchitis is contagious or not, before I go into my martial arts, and first aid training and infect people with it.
Chronic bronchitis is not contagious, and I think i might have chronic bronchitis caused by smoking, but I'm not sure - because I don't suffer from bronchitis constantly. I might get it 2-4 times a year due to smoking and it goes away within a month or so sometimes longer, but from what I read online, chronic bronchitis is something that happens constantly.

- I have not been around any sick people that I know of.
- I develop bronchitis a lot. I never get sick, never get colds or flu, but I always get chest colds, always get bronchitis.
- I smoke a lot. I just quit smoking, started up again, that's when the bronchitis happened. That has happened many times before when i go for a period of time of not smoking, I end up getting bronchitis once I start smoking again. So I have reason to believe it is caused by smoking and possibly not a virus. (Quitting smoking again) always have to quit once i get these darn chest colds, that's the blessing about getting bad coughs and mucous in the lungs at least.

But I also have runny nose, sneezes, had a headache today. So, should I be keeping my germs away from people? Or do you think it's safe to say I'm not contagious and it's just caused by smoking?