Is it acute or chronic bronchitis that I have? Am I contagious?
Trying to figure out if my bronchitis is contagious or not, before I go into my martial arts, and first aid training and infect people with it.
Chronic bronchitis is not contagious, and I think i might have chronic bronchitis caused by smoking, but I'm not sure - because I don't suffer from bronchitis constantly. I might get it 2-4 times a year due to smoking and it goes away within a month or so sometimes longer, but from what I read online, chronic bronchitis is something that happens constantly.

- I have not been around any sick people that I know of.
- I develop bronchitis a lot. I never get sick, never get colds or flu, but I always get chest colds, always get bronchitis.
- I smoke a lot. I just quit smoking, started up again, that's when the bronchitis happened. That has happened many times before when i go for a period of time of not smoking, I end up getting bronchitis once I start smoking again. So I have reason to believe it is caused by smoking and possibly not a virus. (Quitting smoking again) always have to quit once i get these darn chest colds, that's the blessing about getting bad coughs and mucous in the lungs at least.

But I also have runny nose, sneezes, had a headache today. So, should I be keeping my germs away from people? Or do you think it's safe to say I'm not contagious and it's just caused by smoking?