Cold & Flu Community
Is it okay to take expired NyQuil?

This forum is for questions and support regarding cold and flu issues such as: Adult Cold, Adult Flu, Child Cold, Child Flu, Drugs and Medications, Immune Compromised Cold and Flu issues, Cold and Flu Prevention, Pneumonia, Senior Cold, Senior Flu, Treatments, Vaccines, The Flu Shot.

Is it okay to take expired NyQuil?

I just took NyQuil gel tablets, and, out of curiosity, checked the expiration date.  To my surprise, it expired a year ago.  Will I be fine?  The chemicals in NyQuil don't break don't into something harmful, right?  Thank you for your help.
the date is just for it's effectiveness. the further out from it's date the less effective it is. I don't think it would break down into any harmful substances or anything. If in doubt you could still call the center for disease control or the contact info on a Nyquil product.
You might also be able to get an answer from your local pharmacy or even poison control.  Good luck!
Anything that is expired you schouldnt take but i dont think aything bad will happen to you aslong as u dont do it agian