Cold & Flu Community
Is it worth getting the flu shot?
About This Community:

This forum is for questions and support regarding cold and flu issues such as: Adult Cold, Adult Flu, Child Cold, Child Flu, Drugs and Medications, Immune Compromised Cold and Flu issues, Cold and Flu Prevention, Pneumonia, Senior Cold, Senior Flu, Treatments, Vaccines, The Flu Shot.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Is it worth getting the flu shot?

As there is much debate surroundng all the "new" vaccines out there I just thought I'd inquire.

I'm a 24 year old female, I work an office job, other than being overweight I am healthy in all other aspects.

Is it really something I should think about getting?  I was sort of under the impression that at my age my immune system is at it's height and not to bother but I do think about it.

Thoughts?
Related Discussions
2 Comments Post a Comment
Blank
personally, i never get it.  im 21 and in pretty much the same situation as you are. although, i do tend to get sick easily, my doctor always reccomends i get it,mostly because i have asthma, but i probably never will.  i cant remember the last time i had the flu, but im mostly not getting it because im terrified of needles.  however, it is worth getting it if you dont want to risk getting sick
Blank
242516_tn?1368227505
It's important to get it, not only for you (especially for folks likee talya who could die from pneumonia complicating flu) but for thost you have contact with and you could keep from getting it from you

For those terrified of needles, you can use a nasal spray version
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Cold & Flu Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
469720_tn?1388149949
Blank