Cold & Flu Community
Is there a bad cold bug going around?

This forum is for questions and support regarding cold and flu issues such as: Adult Cold, Adult Flu, Child Cold, Child Flu, Drugs and Medications, Immune Compromised Cold and Flu issues, Cold and Flu Prevention, Pneumonia, Senior Cold, Senior Flu, Treatments, Vaccines, The Flu Shot.

Is there a bad cold bug going around?

It started 3 days ago.  I woke up with a slight sore throat.  Later on that day had a slight fever and into the late evening had the chills and had a hard time sleeping.  Woke up the next morning. High Fever and worse sore throat.  I though it was strep so went to the doctors got a throat swab done and came back negative for strep.  Now Day three, Fever is gone but sore throat still there.  What's going on?  
There is so much going around at bthe moment colds coughs chicken pox,you sound like you have had the flu and a virul infection maybe a throat infection which causes high fever,take paracetamol for temp and drink plenty of fluids
Also, i failed to mention, yesterday after sweating quite a big from being so hot, i got these non-itchy bumps in the middle of my chest and also headache
that could just be because of your fever,has the bumps gone now.
no they are still there.
I would still say it is a viral infection,if it has cleared up by monday go back to your doctor,let me know what they say
how you feeling today?
Well yesterday no fever, and sore throat started to go away.  But today no fever, but throat hurts a lot more. Feels like it hurts more toward the back of my throat and its a bit painful to speak. What is this? Same thing is going on for my partner.  He had a sore throat, fever, went to the doctor cuzz his sore throat was so bad that they gave him meds for strep.  When the throat swab for him came back it was negative for strep, but a day after using the meds his symptoms completely went away.  Doctor told him to stop the meds after day 3 since it wasnt strep.  And now his throat i starting to hurt.  We havnt slept together in the same bed for a few days but we hung out for a few hours together when he was better and i was feeling the worst of my fever 2 days ago.
it could be laryangitus,sorry about spelling,it sounds like a bug for you and your partner to have it,gargle asparinonyour tonsils and gobacktodocs in the morning,and try to calm down.keepme informed.
Hi -

So I went to the docs on Tuesday.  They did 2 throat cultures.  gave me a shot in my bottom of antibiotic called cerofixum, or something of that nature. and put me on amoxicillin for 10 days.  2 days after the shot, my sore throat went away, I'm now just getting over all this phlegm that was in my lungs.

Still awaiting result from my throat culture. Tested for mono, negative.  Tested for strep again, negative.
forgot to mention - before i went to the docs, Tuesday morning, i woke up wheezing cuzz of thick thick thick phlegm in my lungs..