Cold & Flu Community
Is there a bug / virus going around?

This forum is for questions and support regarding cold and flu issues such as: Adult Cold, Adult Flu, Child Cold, Child Flu, Drugs and Medications, Immune Compromised Cold and Flu issues, Cold and Flu Prevention, Pneumonia, Senior Cold, Senior Flu, Treatments, Vaccines, The Flu Shot.

Is there a bug / virus going around?

Is there a bug going around at the moment? I have been feeling very tired, headache every day when I cough my head hurts like mad. My shoulders and neck are aching which make me feel sick sometimes, I had shivers on Sunday and went to bed during the day, I haven't gone to work today, I woke up at 6.30am went back to sleep at 7.30 until 10.00 then again until 12.00 then again until 1.00pm, I feel drained, although I am eating.

Or could this be a reaction to paint, we have been decorating this weekend.
have you vomited at all? there seem to have been quite a lot of viruses going round that last 24-72 hours. most of them do involve vomiting.
Paint fumes can lead to aches and pains and headaches, however, most modern paints are not that potent as long as you are in a fair sized room.
I would try and drink as much water as possible as this will help whatever the problem.
...chills, fever, sweating, freezing, headache, deep congested cough, feeling really sick like the flu, (I did have my flu shot) puffy face, tearing eyes and nausea.  The only relief is over the counter pain reliever every four hours around the clock.  I was starting to develop pneumonia, so doc prescribed antibiotic which IS helping even after only 12 hours.  That's the sickest I've felt in years.  Doc said it's something that is going around the country like wildfire now.  Starts with that nasty headache and just attacks your chest.  You'll know it when it hits right away.  Could last 1 to 4 weeks, I was told!
I've had this bug/virus for getting on for 5 weeks now. Went a few days feeling better then it returned and I was back to square one.  I've never had so many symptoms all in one go.  Seems to end up on your chest in one form or other.
I have been unwell for over 2weeks now, a week ago i went to see the doctor told him about my symtoms (symptoms) and he said that i have the swine flue, but now i have recovered frm most of the symptoms but left with really bad headache and vomitting alot, i have never had this bad headache before.. what could it be??
I have a rash, feel sick to my stomach, headache, running stools, and throghing up. also under my right knew it keeps swelling up only goes down after I tale ibufren. sharonallison ***@**** this a new virus it started last saturday and now it september 1st 2010
Today is September 9, 2010 i am sneezing, i vaguely ache all over, sore throat, and feel like crap.  Does anyone know if there is another flu going on out there
I had the same thing, fever, sweating, head hurt, eyes hurt, ears hurt, tired.
It was a bad viral infection doctor said in sinuses.  Seems to be hitting alot of people.  Keep hydrated well. (lots of fluids).  Doctor prescribed me prednisone  and and a antibioic Levaquin.  Took a few days, but helped.  
October 27, 2010

Body aches, deep chest cough, that has kept me awake the last two nights, sneezing, over all crappy feeling.  I started to feel this coming on last Friday, its now Wednesday and it seems to be getting worse not better.  Am trying, dayquil, niquil, musinix, and drinking lots of water, how much longer does this crap last??
I'm going on 3 weeks with this 'stuff'.  Feel just bad enough to not stay home from work but when I get to work I'm coughing my head off and hour by hour I feel worse.  It started w/ a sore throat and swollen glands.  Then went to sneezing, running nose, then got better for 2 days then started back with congestion and cough.  Got better then started back in w/headche and cough.  Never had a fever but sure feel like I've been hit my a truck.
My husband is in the Hospital right now because of this.. They did testing on his first trip to the ER and ruled out blood clots, the flu, and meningitis. They gave him IV fluids, pain meds and and antibiotic and told him he had a sinus infection. Second trip to the ER they gave him 3 bags of IV fluid, pain meds and told him to "Give it time" Yesterday we called the Dr. to ask for an anti-nausia because he couldn't keep anything down, and he still ended up calling 911 and going to the ER last night. Now he has been admitted. No one else at home is sick.
I my wife and children have a weird cold or flu that comes with a low grade temperature, light sniffles, a pressure headache, sometimes I perspire and sometime I have aches and chills,  but the most oddest part of this cold or flu is it appears to make my lower back hurt excruciatingly.  when I ask my children they say their lower backs have been hurting also.  Has anybody had these symptoms lately or have heard anything about anything like this?
this is the closest to what i am experiencing.  I feel good when lying or sitting but the longer I stand trying to do something the worse I feel.  My doctor told me that I have a upper respiratory infection and gave me the z pack which I have taken 4 and he said I would be able to work today.  Got up and took a bath got dressed but standing blow dying my hair started feeling nauseated and like i would be sick and pass out so laid down and feel better.  As long as I lay down Im good never had this before.