Cold & Flu Community
Is this the Flu or swine flu or something else please help
About This Community:

This forum is for questions and support regarding cold and flu issues such as: Adult Cold, Adult Flu, Child Cold, Child Flu, Drugs and Medications, Immune Compromised Cold and Flu issues, Cold and Flu Prevention, Pneumonia, Senior Cold, Senior Flu, Treatments, Vaccines, The Flu Shot.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Is this the Flu or swine flu or something else please help

Hi all,

Im not sure whats going on but i need some advice....

For the past 6 weeks off and on i have had flu type symptoms, such as cough, blocked nose, very bunged up, shortness of breath, periods of not being able to breath, having to sleep almost sitting upright unable to lay flat, ach in my shoulder left mostly, top area back ache, and aching in my sternum (which has been concurrent for a year). I saw my gp 6 weeks ago and had a very high temp was put on antibiotics and given a blue reliever inhaller for short term breathing aid, after 7 days it still had not gone, so they prescribed me another course..... It seemed to clear up for a few days then came right back again, i was prescribed a different type of antibiotics for 7 days that seemed to help again for a few days but now, its all back again, the cough has gone from chesty to dry and keeps reverting from either or.... my whole chest area aches, im so tired and struggling to sleep at night.   After a telephone call with my gp yesterday he prescribed me a brown inhaller which has a form of steriod in it apparently to help with the breathing but thats it.... I do not have athsma however athsma is in the family.

I just feel so rough to put it plain and really fed up..... feeling constantly tired and sort of head fuzz is really draining me to the point of being upset.... I dont know how much longer i can feel like this can someone offer me some advice

Thank you