Cold & Flu Community
Long lasting cough

This forum is for questions and support regarding cold and flu issues such as: Adult Cold, Adult Flu, Child Cold, Child Flu, Drugs and Medications, Immune Compromised Cold and Flu issues, Cold and Flu Prevention, Pneumonia, Senior Cold, Senior Flu, Treatments, Vaccines, The Flu Shot.

Long lasting cough

I was prescribed amoxillin and a cough syrup to remedy my sinuses and cough.  It is now week 4 my cough is still present.  I have never had a cough for this long.  Any help will be greatly appreciated.
in addition to my post above, i exercise 4 days a week and get a good nights rest everyday
A month of cough is abnormal, please go back to get re-evaluated. A chest xray may be needed
I have experienced something similar to what NEMESIS_2020 explained. In Dec I was admitted to the hopital with flu like symptoms, after x-rays and scans they concluded that I had a bad flu and a retained mucus cyst in a nasal passage. After I was discharged I followed up with an ears, nose, and throat Doctor and he concluded I had sinus probs. he prescribed me a couple of meds I took them for about 2 weeks and it went away. In April I began with the symptoms again, its like a bad cold with toooonnnnssss of mucus and I've been like this for 4 weekss!!!!! Everything indicates I'm fine, what could it be?
I know the feeling. When i was having my last daughter a week before i was to have her the dr put me on apocillin.( hope i spelt that right) the cold went away in a few days but the cough was unbearable. I realize no matter how many different cough meds i have tried it really does not work. I think unless it's something really seriously medical...only time will take the cough away. Terrible....but that's how it has been for me.
i have had an outbreak of a very bad cough too. it feels like a smokers cough, deep, and unproductive. I tried antibiotics, that didn'rt work. It seems to happen when I leave my downtown office and go outside or when I am home after I have eaten. Don't know what it is...Help