Long lasting cough
I was prescribed amoxillin and a cough syrup to remedy my sinuses and cough.  It is now week 4 my cough is still present.  I have never had a cough for this long.  Any help will be greatly appreciated.
in addition to my post above, i exercise 4 days a week and get a good nights rest everyday
A month of cough is abnormal, please go back to get re-evaluated. A chest xray may be needed
I have experienced something similar to what NEMESIS_2020 explained. In Dec I was admitted to the hopital with flu like symptoms, after x-rays and scans they concluded that I had a bad flu and a retained mucus cyst in a nasal passage. After I was discharged I followed up with an ears, nose, and throat Doctor and he concluded I had sinus probs. he prescribed me a couple of meds I took them for about 2 weeks and it went away. In April I began with the symptoms again, its like a bad cold with toooonnnnssss of mucus and I've been like this for 4 weekss!!!!! Everything indicates I'm fine, what could it be?
I know the feeling. When i was having my last daughter a week before i was to have her the dr put me on apocillin.( hope i spelt that right) the cold went away in a few days but the cough was unbearable. I realize no matter how many different cough meds i have tried it really does not work. I think unless it's something really seriously medical...only time will take the cough away. Terrible....but that's how it has been for me.
i have had an outbreak of a very bad cough too. it feels like a smokers cough, deep, and unproductive. I tried antibiotics, that didn'rt work. It seems to happen when I leave my downtown office and go outside or when I am home after I have eaten. Don't know what it is...Help