NOne Stop Violent coughing
For the past two weeks I have been stuffed up and dry coughing. I took and over the counter cough syrup but that made me feel worse where I couldn't eat.

Now still stuffed up but cough has gotten worse can't sleep at night as when I lay down I am choking from my cough and when awake cough will not stop once i start, but it is making me gag and get sick every time i am coughing.
A viral infection doesn't usually worsen past 10-14 days and yours is.  I'd go see your doc!
Pertussis (whopping cough) is on the rise and commonly overlooked in adults.  You can start with common cold symptoms or a dry cough and within a few weeks you can cough until you gasp for air - like you are being choked followed by vomiting in some people.   You can seem fine between coughing bouts which are worse at night.  This disease can last for months.  Adults are most often treated for secondary infections you get from the Pertussis like pneumonia or upper respiratory infection.  If you are coughing and then gasping for air - read up on Pertussis and talk to your doctor.