Nasal congestion and pharyngitis
The problem is...
About four weeks ago (almost a month) I started to have something like a common cold, with runny nose, sneezing, the whole deal...I took some pills and it went away, but the nasal congestion remained. Since then, I have gone to see doctors, and they've told me to take antibiotics and other medicine, but there's no result.
Yesterday I went to see an ears, nose and throat doctor and he told me that I have pharyngitis and an irritated nose. He told me that he doesn't think my condition is severe, though it's a bit weird that it's taking so long to go away...there's no pain in my throat, it doesn't annoy me and there's no pain swallowing, there's no fever.
I was freaking out...thinking that my symptoms are related to the ARS, as I had sex with a friend on August 5th...and my common cold started like four weeks after that.
I don't know what to do...I feel really nervous, I was thinking this could be HIV...but I'm not sure, I tested negative at 53 days, and though I know I need to test again, I don't know if my symptoms can relate at all to that disease...or what's going on with my body.
get tested again if your anxious but i dont thinf it would be that. has ur sexual friend got hiv? why didnt you use protection? sounds like you just have a build up of catarrh and congestion
I used protection, but there was a bit of unprotected oral sex, and well, fingering, though I do know that they're not high risks...I'm still a bit worried.
Everyone has told me that my symptoms don't relate to ARS...but well, I don't know what to do, or why my nose and throat don't get better.