Cold & Flu Community
Nasal congestion and pharyngitis
About This Community:

This forum is for questions and support regarding cold and flu issues such as: Adult Cold, Adult Flu, Child Cold, Child Flu, Drugs and Medications, Immune Compromised Cold and Flu issues, Cold and Flu Prevention, Pneumonia, Senior Cold, Senior Flu, Treatments, Vaccines, The Flu Shot.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Nasal congestion and pharyngitis

The problem is...
About four weeks ago (almost a month) I started to have something like a common cold, with runny nose, sneezing, the whole deal...I took some pills and it went away, but the nasal congestion remained. Since then, I have gone to see doctors, and they've told me to take antibiotics and other medicine, but there's no result.
Yesterday I went to see an ears, nose and throat doctor and he told me that I have pharyngitis and an irritated nose. He told me that he doesn't think my condition is severe, though it's a bit weird that it's taking so long to go away...there's no pain in my throat, it doesn't annoy me and there's no pain swallowing, there's no fever.
I was freaking out...thinking that my symptoms are related to the ARS, as I had sex with a friend on August 5th...and my common cold started like four weeks after that.
I don't know what to do...I feel really nervous, I was thinking this could be HIV...but I'm not sure, I tested negative at 53 days, and though I know I need to test again, I don't know if my symptoms can relate at all to that disease...or what's going on with my body.