Cold & Flu Community
Nose (cold)

This forum is for questions and support regarding cold and flu issues such as: Adult Cold, Adult Flu, Child Cold, Child Flu, Drugs and Medications, Immune Compromised Cold and Flu issues, Cold and Flu Prevention, Pneumonia, Senior Cold, Senior Flu, Treatments, Vaccines, The Flu Shot.

Nose (cold)

Because I suffer from bad hayfever every summer I take hayfever tablets to calm it down because It really annoys me when I'm having to get my tissue out all the time, eyes itching, eyes watering and turning bloodshot and sneezing a lot. But the tablets have only calmed It down a bit, I have tried two types of tablets and the second ones seem to be better but not 100%. Also I'm not sure If this is cold/flu related but recently I have been having a blocked nose all the time and one nostril keeps running, but it's as if it's water. I was wondering If anyone knew why that was happening? And any good, stong hayfever tablets? Or would I have to get a prescription from my GP?
Thanks for any answers
What really helped me was Clarinex prescription from my doctor. It doesn't work right away. They do have claritin OTC but it is less strong. It takes a while but then it works after a while and then I hardly had any allergies. Another thing you can try along with this is daily Nasal crom spray. It doesn't harm the nose like other nasal sprays. It works on the Immunoglobulin A in the nose which traps the allergens before it gets to your blood and so you won't product histamine (which is what gives you the symptoms). It has to be used before you get exposed and daily. It isn't perfect but nothing is. Try to maybe get some allergy shot testing to see what you are allergic to and avoid it if possible. It may be dust in the house or plants growing outside. etc. If all else fails good old benedryl works at the end of the day so you can dry it up and sleep.
Have you tried Allergix ? Only thing with this medication is that it may make you drowsy. Sounds like you do have pretty bad "hay fever" ..
What are you surronding's like? Are there a lot of trees and grass etc...