Not really sure what i should do and what the problem is
Im 18 years old and ive been a smoker since i was like 13 years old. About two years ago up until last year i smoked 4 packs a day(80 cigerettes). Since then and as of this year i have cut down to a pack a day. Winter just passed and its starting to get warm out. Well the problem ive been having is when there was still snow on the ground i started getting a runny nose but that was it. After the snow melted and it started to clear up my eyes got watery and i had a stuffy nose. To me this was just a sign of allergies plus the allergy count in my area is up. I have a past of allergies and asthma but never really took anything for it and its never really been a problem other than when i was younger. I had a clear and sometimes yellow mucus discharge when i blew my nose and it would still be blocked off. Im able to breathe through my nose here and there and it only gets blocked a few times a day but now i have a major cough and a wheezing sound in my chest when i cough, exhale, and now im starting to get wheezing when i inhale. Does anyone know what this may be or whats causing it? If someone can help id really appreciate it. thank you
I'm not going to lecture you but you need to stop smoking.  Your problem sounds like its cigarette related. The smoke causes mucous because smoke is something that is not supposed to go into our bodies and "yellow" mucous is usually infection type of a problem.  Smoking isn't cool, but stupid. I was stupid at one time for smoking and finally wised up and quit...

Try to quit, go to a support group if you have to.

I am not trying to be a pain in the neck and I do hope you take heed.
I hope you feel better soon too.
MO
yes im trying to quit and start working out more. im not taking any medicines or anything for the wheezing and mucus and all and im not really sure what all i should do.
Hey thats great that you are trying to quit and working out will help you do just that. It seems when you exercise it makes you want to eat right and do all the stuff thats good for your health..

IMO the wheezing could be from the smoking, but they do say that once a person stops the lungs start the healing process immediately. Though you started smoking early and thats not good, but if/when you do stop if its soon you'll be ahead of the game because some people continue their entire life...

Good luck. And I hope someone sees your thread and can answer your question as far as the yellow mucous goes. I don't think its an Allergy, because the mucous is usually clear then..