Cold & Flu Community
One Sided Throat, Ear, Neck Pain for Several Weeks

This forum is for questions and support regarding cold and flu issues such as: Adult Cold, Adult Flu, Child Cold, Child Flu, Drugs and Medications, Immune Compromised Cold and Flu issues, Cold and Flu Prevention, Pneumonia, Senior Cold, Senior Flu, Treatments, Vaccines, The Flu Shot.

It started a few months ago when my back molar became very sensitive to cold.  I was aware I needed dental work but was putting it off since I was low on cash.  After a while, my gum became very sore, especially when flossing on the bottom right, where this problem tooth was.  It lasted for a few weeks and became somewhat better, however, I then started a sore throat just on the right side.  It especially hurt when swallowing.  After a few days, my lower right jaw would hurt, and I was also experiencing right sided ear pain.  The right side of my neck would hurt as well.  I was convinced this was all due to my tooth and sought a dentist.  They took xrays and concluded I had a bacterial infection from a bad tooth and suggested removing the tooth.  I did not have it removed as I felt very uncomfortable (it was a new dentist) so I let it go and decided to get a 2nd opinion.  Shortly, thereafter I went to the walk-in for my throat.  The MD thought I had a bacterial infection from allergies despite my bad tooth and perscribed omnicef (I believe) for 7 days.  He also noted I had a lot of drainage in the back of my throat.  At this time, my neck started hurting in the back - where it meets my skull.  A week or so later, I went to another dentist who did xrays and said that tooth was cracked and they gave me a 10 perscription for amoxxicillan in case I had some sort of infection - they would perform a root canal.  My sore throat has lessened, however it is still there.  Last week, I was sitting at the table and noticed the throat and ear pain went from right to left for a few minutes and then returned to the right side.   Now Wednesday, I wake up with extremely stuffed sinuses and lots of sinus pressure.  The ear pain has somewhat subsided but my throat is just not normal.  Yesterday, I had the worst sinus pressure ever and was tired (it may have been from the OTC allergy stuff I took) but I just feel like I keep getting worse.  I have an appt Thurs to have a root canal performed and am hoping some of this strange pain goes away but I have a feeling it won't.  I am driving myself nuts trying to figure out what is wrong with me and what's causing it.  Any insight on this would be greatly appreciated.  Thank you.
I can't say what's causing the pain, but high dose vitamin C is very safe and will knock out any infections if you take enough of it as well as helping reduce pain naturally. you can read more about it at doctor yourself by Andrew Saul