Cold & Flu Community
PAINFUL BUMPS UNDER TONGUE

This forum is for questions and support regarding cold and flu issues such as: Adult Cold, Adult Flu, Child Cold, Child Flu, Drugs and Medications, Immune Compromised Cold and Flu issues, Cold and Flu Prevention, Pneumonia, Senior Cold, Senior Flu, Treatments, Vaccines, The Flu Shot.

PAINFUL BUMPS UNDER TONGUE

HI I. HOPE SOMEONE CAN HELP ME  WITH MY QUESTION. I CAUGH  A COLD A MONTH AGO. WHILE EVERYTHING  WENT AWAY EXCEPT THE. SORE. THROAT AND SORE TONGUE. THIS THING "SUPER BUG" WILL NOT GO AWAY, MY  TONGUE IS EVEN MORE SORE TODAY AND MY THROAT ALSO. I LOOKED UNDER MY TONGUE AND ON. BOTH SIDES. NEAR THE FRONT ARE BUMPS THE SIZE OF LARGE PEAS. SWOLLEN AND VERY SORE, ARE THESE LYMPH NODES? SHOULD I SEE A DOCTOR?  
just go to the doctor. i tried once cause of my hyper acidity it went to my throat. it hurts so much and i cant even open my mouth so i went to the doctor they prescribe medicines since then im all good. i know your is different but im saying its better to go to the doctor to not make it worse :)
BEING THAT I AM LEGALLY BLIND AND MUST ASK SOMEONE TO DRIVE ME WHEN I NEED TO GO PLACES, I WANTED TO TRY AND RESOLVE THIS PROBLEM MYSELF. GUESS WHAT, I AM HAPPY TO SAY I WAS ABLE TO. I GOOGLED THIS QUESTION " ARE THERE LYMPH NODES UNDER OUR TONGUES"?  I FOUND THAT THERE ARE SALIVA GLANDS UNDER THEM, AND QUITE A FEW PEOPLE POSTED WHO WERE ALSO HAVING THE SAME SYMPTOMS AS I. COME TO FIND OUT THAT THESE GLANDS CAN GET CLOGGED AND BECOME SWOLLEN AND VERY SORE, SOME EVEN GET "STONES"  LIKE GALLBLADDERS/KIDNEYS DO. ANYWAY I FOLLOWED WHAT SOME SAID WORKED FOR THEM. WITH CLEAN FINGERS I SLOWLY PRESSED THEM BETWEEN MY FINGERS AND TO MY SURPRISE IT WORKED (NO STONE) JUST SALIVA THAT HAD THICKENED FROM NOT EATING MUCH CUZ OF MY BEING SICK AND SORE THROAT. IT HURT LIKE HELL DOING IT, BUT THE SWELLING WENT DOWN QUITE A BIT THAT NIGHT AND THE NEXT DAY THE PAIN AND SWELLING WERE ALMOST GONE. OH I FORGOT TO MENTION IT HELPS TO SUCK ON SOMETHING SOUR OR TART BEFORE HAND TO HELP THE SALIVA GET GOING!