Cold & Flu Community
Rash on Face

This forum is for questions and support regarding cold and flu issues such as: Adult Cold, Adult Flu, Child Cold, Child Flu, Drugs and Medications, Immune Compromised Cold and Flu issues, Cold and Flu Prevention, Pneumonia, Senior Cold, Senior Flu, Treatments, Vaccines, The Flu Shot.

Rash on Face

My child has been sick over the last couple of days with a fever of 100 to 101.7.  Cough.  Strep negative.  Not really runny nose.  Was on Augmentin but still has fever so changed antibiotics. I noticed yesterday that my child had red blotchy areas on his cheeks when we came in from getting out of the car.  He also had areas that looked like a fresh moskito bite on his knuckles of his hands and he was scratching them. Then an area on his ankle too.  After about an hour this all went away. No rash on arms, hands other than knuckle area, truck or legs.  Today he went outside again today from one house to another and the rash has come up again.  What could this be.  The Augmentin was stopped yesterday.  He has not taken anything different.  No change in any soaps or detergents in the last week.
I'm not a doctor... but.. the rash could be from the antibiotic, it's been known to happen, it also could have been  from the sickness and as a result of the bugs dying. If you child's condition changes or the fever pops up, you should call the doctor and have him/her looked at.

Phil
Do you think that he is allergic to the cold?  I am and can actually break out in hives from it.  Since he is on an antibiotic it would probably be wise to check with your doctor to make sure it is not due to the drug.