Cold & Flu Community
Recurring Flu

This forum is for questions and support regarding cold and flu issues such as: Adult Cold, Adult Flu, Child Cold, Child Flu, Drugs and Medications, Immune Compromised Cold and Flu issues, Cold and Flu Prevention, Pneumonia, Senior Cold, Senior Flu, Treatments, Vaccines, The Flu Shot.

Recurring Flu

I get flu for only one day (I wake up the other day very healthy as if I was not sick the day befor) every week or once every other week. The symptoms are severe as if it is the peak day of the flu week.

I visited a doctor and he told me to watch my hands more often!

Why am I having this case and which specialist should I visit? Are there any tests that I can run?

Regards,

Heba
People do not get "flu" for one day.

When you say you get "flu" what exactly are the symptoms you are getting?

When you say you get this "flu" thing once every week or every other week, it appears that you are doing something or eating something that is triggering this off.  I suggest you keep a diary of what your eat and drink, touch any plants, and where you have been to find out what is triggering this off.

As your doctor has told you to wash your hands more often, he obviously is of the opinion that you are picking up germs that are making you unwell.
It is important to wash your hands before you eat, wash any raw fruit and veg before you eat them and always wash your hands after you have used the toilet.