Recurring Virus
Since last September I've had a recurring virus. It begins like I'm coming down with a cold--headache, generally feeling sick all over, some sinus presure and feeling in the back of my throat like sinus drainage sometimes, very tired, nausea, no appetite. It's bad for one day.  Next day almost gone.  Usually by day 3 completely gone.  This would recur almost weekly or at the most 3 weeks all during the winter and until April and now again in June I have this same virus or whatever it is.  What could this be? Why does it keep hitting me again and again? Doctor  did not really know or have any help.
This may be a virus, could even me an allergic reaction like hayfever.

The other possibility is that may have been bitten or stung by something.  Do you remember being stung or bitten by a mosquito or a tick at all?

If you are still having a problem, I would suggest you go back to your doctor and ask him to take some bloods tests to find out if your body is fighting any infection.

Keep a record of your symptoms so that you can show your doctor a pattern to this "virus".

I presume that there is no mould where you live.

Best wishes.
Thanks for your response.  I'm pretty sure it is not a seasonal allergy since it happened from Fall to the present, and only lasts about 3 days at a time, always coming with the same symptoms and going the same.  It's really weird, and such a puzzle.  I do think it is a virus of some type but I've never heard of a virus that acts this way.  I suppose it could be an allergy to something but I have no idea how to even begin to find out what. Allergy specialists have not helped me in the past.  Not sure I want to go that route, but if it keeps on maybe will have to give that a try.  I do have a wheat allergy, which I discovered on my own just from giving it up.  I guess, I'm trying to find out if anyone knows of a type of virus that is like this and acts this way.  And if it is a virus, is there any way to kill it and rid your body of it for good?  Or is this just going to lay dormant and then recur again and again?  I don't know if anyone has the answer, but I'm hoping I guess! :) Thanks.
Oh sorry, I didn't answer your question... no I don't recall being stung or bit by anything before this happened.  I suppose it's a possibility though, since that can happen without one realizing it or paying much attention to it.  
Unfortunately, there are no cures to get rid of virus problems.

All you can do is eat a healthy balanced diet to help your immune system fight it.

If you are finding that your sinuses are getting congested and you feel the mucus at the back of your throat (I have been having a lot of problems with that too), you can either do steam inhalations with Vick or Olbas oil or get a nasal spray.  My doctor prescribed that for me to dry up the congestion in my sinuses because I was having ear pain and a lot of post nasal drip.  The antibiotics did not clear it all up.

It's like a chronic catarrh problem.  

Best wishes.

Same thing happen ending to me!!!!  Has been happening for awhile!!
Thanks for your response! Sorry it's happening to you too, but glad I'm not alone! ;)  
I retired from my job last Winter, and since then have been much better. I think part of my problem was the very old building I worked in, and the constant exposure to sick children. (worked with preschoolers). I'm hoping for a better year ahead. I've been working on strengthening my immune system with probiotics and cultured foods. We'll see.
Wishing you a happy retirement.

Don't forget to do walks in the fresh air.  My husband has notice that the virus bugs do not stay with him long since he started to go for regular walks twice a day.

Best wishes.