Cold & Flu Community
Severe numb full pain in ear, jaw, bones

This forum is for questions and support regarding cold and flu issues such as: Adult Cold, Adult Flu, Child Cold, Child Flu, Drugs and Medications, Immune Compromised Cold and Flu issues, Cold and Flu Prevention, Pneumonia, Senior Cold, Senior Flu, Treatments, Vaccines, The Flu Shot.

I have a severe pain in my left ear.  It is a burning pain.  I went to the doctor 5 times in 8 days.  First they took our a blockage of wax, which was black and hard.  Then they let me go  home, but then the pain was still there.  I went back the next day, they looked in my ear again saying I had and infection.  I got antibiotics, which I drank for 2 days without any help.  I went to a new hospital where they looked at my ear and gave me stronger antibiotics and pain killers.  The put some stuff in my ear, which made it feel much better.  But after being on the new antibiotics for 5 days it got better arround day 3 but got worse again the end.  So I went back yesterday.  They took a sound test of my ear.  And when the doctor put the earphone type thing in my infected ear I almost died of the pain of a bone just on the outside.  Since then I had nonstop pain.  My ear feals very full and has a burning sensation .  They put some stuff in my ear again, but later the evening took it out as it was to sore.  WHen they looked in my ear with a video camera type thing my fiancee says she saw some red spots that looked like colesoars!  My jaw is so stiff now an my bones in my ear hurts alot.  My ear feels swollen up.  I am in China, so understanding what's wrong with my ear is almost impossible.  So I hope someone can help me here!
you might want to look at your jaw. i have something known as tmj. which is inflammation of jaw joint. when it flares up bad it will cause pain in jaw. ears, and headaches . will also cause redness in ears and burning and stiffness in jaws. before i found this out i kept getting mis diagnosed with ear infections.
have your doctor  look at that or you dentist can diagnose it better.
I wear hearing aids and have been to the ENT about 4 times with my right ear.  I keep having this googy stuff build up in it and they have to get it out.  Now my ear hurts, my temple hurts and the leaders down my neck hurt.  I went to my regular dr. yesterday and he said it looked to him like I had a fungus and bacteria infection in there.  Wrote me a prescription for drops he thought would help and if they did not help I needed to go back to the ENT and get my ear swapped with purple medicine.  I made an appointment with ENT tomorrow before I get this prescription filled because he told me it looked like it needed cleaning out again.  The pain never goes away.  I hope they act interested in what my problem is.  The last few times I went to ENT they just look at me like I am nuts.  Once I get it cleaned out if they don't give me something gonna have prescription filled for the drops and try it.  What do I have to lose?