Cold & Flu Community
Should I go to the Dr, NOW???

This forum is for questions and support regarding cold and flu issues such as: Adult Cold, Adult Flu, Child Cold, Child Flu, Drugs and Medications, Immune Compromised Cold and Flu issues, Cold and Flu Prevention, Pneumonia, Senior Cold, Senior Flu, Treatments, Vaccines, The Flu Shot.

Should I go to the Dr, NOW???

On Dec. 23, 2012, I was out Christmas shopping and suddenly got a migraine headache, I say that because I've never had a headache like that before, very intense. I have had these almost everyday since, at least 90% of the time, as of Jan. 20, 2013 I began feeling as if I have the flu, I now know the migraines I am talking about is a severe sinus infection, my head is so full, I don't know if and when I will shake this, I have had so much mucous, I have never experienced anything like this, what I am able to release has been so thick and very green in color, on Jan. 22. I began to lose my voice and within an hour it was completely gone, the laryngitis is making my headaches worse and my throat is hurting pretty bad. The reason I am asking for advice is because I have medicaid, share of cost, I was just approved yesterday, and it looks like I will have to come out of pocket, which, I don't have. If this is urgent, I will borrow from someone, otherwise, I will just wait, although, to me, I feel I need a visit. Please, I am praying for someone with a little knowledge or has had similar symptoms to help me with making a decision, I really need to get some relief. Thanks for reading and hope to hear from you soon!
I'm not a healthcare professional, but I have been to a LOT of doctors.  I have experienced migraines on a regular basis for the past ten years, and it doesn't sound like this is a normal migraine! My doctors have always told me, if you get "the worst migraine of your life, go to the hospital." Meaning, if it's completely out of the ordinary. Severe migraines can be a sign of a stroke, don't want to freak you out, but it's better to be safe than sorry, especially when it comes to your health. I will be praying for you
I believe you should go to the doctor.  From everything in your post, it sounds as though you may need medical attention in order to get better.  If you wait too long, it may cause other problems.  I hope this helps.  I will keep you in my prayers.
Thank you so much, I had thought the same thing, but just wanted a little more confirmation, I will get there ASAP, hanjs again, I will post back with an update.
Thanks to you as well, I have two confirmations that I need to go to, I will get there asap and report back with an update, I'm glad I asked in this forum, I didn't think I would get a response, but was praying to here from someone. Thanks again, to both of you, I really needed this.
You're welcome :)