Cold & Flu Community
Sick, but what is it? Flu, Cold or what?

This forum is for questions and support regarding cold and flu issues such as: Adult Cold, Adult Flu, Child Cold, Child Flu, Drugs and Medications, Immune Compromised Cold and Flu issues, Cold and Flu Prevention, Pneumonia, Senior Cold, Senior Flu, Treatments, Vaccines, The Flu Shot.

The other day I slept for a few hours during the day and that is unlike me to sleep during the day. I was really tired (more than usual).  Well then last night I started feeling really crappy. I felt kind of sick and week and had a bigger migraine than usual that just wouldn't go away with the medicaiton I am on. I had a cough too.

So during the night I got very sick. It felt like the flu. I got very cold with chills and my body/skin hurt/ached. I still have a bit of a cough. I had a temperature that kept ranging from 102.5, 102.6 to 103. I had it even this morning and I just felt very weak. I was freezing and yet had the temp.  So I went back to sleep a while ago and I woke up a few hours later and I was sweating and my hair and pillow and body soaked with sweat. My huband recently just got over a cold but his was minor compared to whatever this was and he didn't have all this stuff with it (just a cough).

I still feel crappy but for now my temperature is gone and yet I feel a little better than I did last night and over night (last time though i had influenza the high temp would come and go).

Does this sound like the cold or the flu or something else? Do people get the flu during the summer? Are the symptoms that seem like a cold or flu, well can they sometimes be symptoms of something else?
Anyone can catch flu any time of the year if their immune system is low or you have been in direct contact with someone who is contagious.

You did in fact have influenza.  When your body feels really cold but the temperature is high, this is your body trying to bring the temperature down.
Now you are over the worst of it, it will take you some time to fully recover.

The headache that was worse was because of the high temperature.
When the temperature in the body goes up and down, that usually means your body is fighting an infection.

Glad to hear that you are on the mend.

Best wishes.
Thank you for the reply. Feels like a worse strain than the last, definitely.
Hope you are fully recovered.  If not, I wish you a speedy recovery.

I can't shift my sinus problem, have had it for months.  Lost my voice through it.  Nearly finished antibiotic which has helped, but still lot of congestion.  

Never ending with these bugs!

Best wishes.