Cold & Flu Community
Sinus/Cold (head twitches)

This forum is for questions and support regarding cold and flu issues such as: Adult Cold, Adult Flu, Child Cold, Child Flu, Drugs and Medications, Immune Compromised Cold and Flu issues, Cold and Flu Prevention, Pneumonia, Senior Cold, Senior Flu, Treatments, Vaccines, The Flu Shot.

Sinus/Cold (head twitches)

I have been battling a really terrible cold/sinus infection for over 6+weeks. I was doing fine for about a week when 2 weeks ago I relapsed again. I started coughing, now my right ear pops frequently,  I have terrible headaches (which my GP says is from having tension headaches),  and I feel this strage pulse-like throbbing by my temple (above the right ear).  I do not know how to explain it but this pulse is kinda like when your eye or lip twitches except that it is by my temple in my head.  Is this normal?  I mean, I have heard of people who have a nerve jump in their leg or arm. Not in the head.  Am I the only person on the planet who has this?  These feelings started 2 weeks ago.

I made a thread about my tension headaches and the twitching feeling. These twitches, pulse, or whatever you call it is happening a few times a day and it is starting to creep me out.  It is not as frequent as when I relapsed but it happens every day no matter what.  I notice that when I aggravate my sinus,  like by crying,  my nose gets stuffy and then the twitches occur.  Any relation to the sinus???

How do I know that these strange feeling in the head arent serious?  My GP says not to worry which worries me because he cannot explain what is the cause of my feeling.  I do not want to be dramatic and get a CT scan or MRI because I am trying to think positive and see if my GP can suggest something like a vitamin.  I am scared to have to go to the hospital and do the CT/MRI. Dont know if that would be necessary.  I never had a cold for this long. Could a cold/sinus infection really cause a bunch of strange symptoms like mine?

Also,  now my eye will twitch, my neck, and my leg.  All of a sudden this is happening. Should I be worried?

Thw twitching can definitely be explained by sinus problems. If you have sinusitis (infection in the sinuses), the nerves which run through certain sinus regions can bece aggravated and facial twitching can occur. Sinusitis in general is a really tricky thing because it can cause symptoms which seem to indicate worse ailments. For instance, sinusitis often causes dizziness or lightheadedness, even a general "foggy" feeling in the head. It can also cause extreme fatigue- in fact, recent studies have shown that unexplained fatigue is often a better indicator of chronic sinusitis than actual sinus headaches.

Now for the twitching in the neck and leg, that could be a result of multiple things. One that seems to jump out at me is anxiety, especially if you are experiencing stress over your symptoms. My best advice to you is to see an ENT about the sinus issues, and perhaps mention the other twitching (though if it has just come on recently it seems that it may be a result of stress, or it may be benign muscle spasms which you are simply noticing more now because you are worried about other symptoms). Of course, please do not take my advice as a diagnosis, but hopefully this post may give you some insight and put your mind at ease a little! Good luck with everything!
Hi - did you end up finding a resolution for your twitches? I am experiancing the exact symptoms with sinus issues and a twitch on my right temple.. It has been going on about a month. Would like to hear how you went on.
B