Cold & Flu Community
Sinus pressure + Neck pain & Back aching

This forum is for questions and support regarding cold and flu issues such as: Adult Cold, Adult Flu, Child Cold, Child Flu, Drugs and Medications, Immune Compromised Cold and Flu issues, Cold and Flu Prevention, Pneumonia, Senior Cold, Senior Flu, Treatments, Vaccines, The Flu Shot.

Hey

For nearly a week I've been dealing with cold-like symptoms, but I'm unsure if it is a cold. I don't really have a sore throat or stuffy nose, though I do feel pressure in my nasal cavity and sometimes it feels like I'm about to sneeze, like intense pressure that lasts for at least 15 minutes then subsides a little. I hadn't really had any sinus headaches until this morning, as my head feels real heavy and am finding it hard to concentrate. I also suffer from some moderate ibs, and have been experiencing a cramp in my lower right abdomen, around my navel that just won't go away, it's very frustrating.

This all started with a queasy/nauseous feeling in my upper neck and around my ribs, then progressed into all these weird sinus issues. I'm unsure of what to do about it, it's Sunday right now and the doctors are closed, and I'm not thinking it's severe enough for urgent care. I'm just really uncomfortable and feeling awful and I don't know what I should try, I tried some alka-seltzer but that hasn't really helped. The symptoms will subside too and then just come back, is that normal? I'm just not sure what to do...any help is appreciated.
As you are not able to get any help from a medical person this Sunday and you have complained about the pressure headaches and also in your nasal cavity, it is likely to be a congestion which is caused by a virus or bacteria.

Do steam inhalations to help unblock the sinuses and the nasal cavity.
Boil up some water in a kettle and pour that into a bowl with some vick, or olbas oil if you have it.  Bend your head over the bowl (take care not to get scalded) and cover your head and bowl with a towel and inhale the steam through your nose.  Do this for about 10 minutes.  My doctor told me to do this 4 times a day for a duration of 10 minutes each time.

Your stomach problem may be due to the mucus dropping down and causing the upset, or the same bacteria upsetting your stomach.  Make sure you keep drinking warm drinks - avoid milk products whilst you are unwell.

Hey there

Thank you very much, I've tried some of those and it did help ease the symptoms. I tend to stay away from diary anyways due to the ibs, so that was no big deal fortunately. Thank you for taking the time to respond to this it did help a lot.
If you manage to blow or spit out green mucus, this is an indication that you have an infection and may need a course of antibiotics.  You will need to book a appointment with your doctor if things do not improve.

I am glad that you got some relief.  I do steam inhalations anytime I am blocked up, even when my Eustachian tube is blocked.  

Best wishes.