Sore Neck
I am getting over a cold that I've had for just over a week.  It started with a sore throat, bowls, tired, sneezing, then ended with awful coughing for the last couple of days.  As of this past Wednesday, my coughing has loosend and going away but now I have horrible neck pains.  They started on the right side from the back of my ear and traveled down my neck.  I would even experiance tingling in my right elbow.  Now the neck pains seem to cover my whole neck and bottom of the back of my head.  I am popping Tylenol which seems to help give releaf for an hour or so.  Can I have a cold in my neck muscles?
You can have muscle aches caused by the same viruses that cause colds.  But your cold is getting better but these neck & arm pains are getting worse.  I'd go see my doctor, it doesn't sound the same.  Probably an unrelated strain.