Cold & Flu Community
Sore Throat only at night

This forum is for questions and support regarding cold and flu issues such as: Adult Cold, Adult Flu, Child Cold, Child Flu, Drugs and Medications, Immune Compromised Cold and Flu issues, Cold and Flu Prevention, Pneumonia, Senior Cold, Senior Flu, Treatments, Vaccines, The Flu Shot.

Sore Throat only at night

Please can some one help me. I am in a distress at the moment. I am currently battling with a sore throat for about a week and half. It started off like any normal sore throat or irritation and progressively got worse to a point that it is fine during the day, from about 3/4pm it starts to get sore and progressively gets so bad that I stop talking as it is so sore to talk and feels like I am swallowing a metal spikey ball. There is one spot in specific like a lump there on my left side. Throughout the night it is sore and the morning. From about 8/9am it is fine again. feels like there is just an irritation there throughout the day and I tend to forget till 3/4pm...I don't know what to do as I am not feeling sick at all. Besides tired. Can anybody help and tell me what is wrong? I don't want to waste my time going to a doctor but will have to if it doesn't go away by friday. As you can imagine it is becoming too much at the moment.
You need to see your doctor.
You should see your doctor and get tested for mono.  I had similar symptoms a few years ago (a sore throat lasting a long time with no other symptoms) and a blood test confirmed that I actually had mono.  If you are also noticing that you're tired this may be another sign.  My doctor told me at the time that mono can actually present with an extended sore throat and no other symptoms, not even drowsiness in my case.

For me, it lasted almost a month before it started to go away, and it was incredibly painful, to the point where it made it difficult for me to swallow food.