Cold & Flu Community
Sore Throat
About This Community:

This forum is for questions and support regarding cold and flu issues such as: Adult Cold, Adult Flu, Child Cold, Child Flu, Drugs and Medications, Immune Compromised Cold and Flu issues, Cold and Flu Prevention, Pneumonia, Senior Cold, Senior Flu, Treatments, Vaccines, The Flu Shot.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Sore Throat

I have had a sore throat for about three weeks now.  The first time I went to the Dr. for sore throat, aches and couch/congestion.  They diagnosed me with step throat, then called me a few days later to say the test came back negative.  I finished the Z Pac they prescribed me, but was still sick with soar throat congestion, weezing and a cough.

I went back to the Dr. for a second time, and they diagnosed me with allergies.  They gave me Allegra, Flonaise, and a round of steroids.  I finished the steroids and am taking what they gave me.  My nose is cleared up, but my throat is still unbearably sore to the point it keeps me up at night.  I also still have weezing and coughing in the mornings/evenings.

What can this be?  Do I need to find a new doctor?