Cold & Flu Community
Sore throat for 3 weeks...

This forum is for questions and support regarding cold and flu issues such as: Adult Cold, Adult Flu, Child Cold, Child Flu, Drugs and Medications, Immune Compromised Cold and Flu issues, Cold and Flu Prevention, Pneumonia, Senior Cold, Senior Flu, Treatments, Vaccines, The Flu Shot.

Sore throat for 3 weeks...

I'm a 27 year old female and I have now had a sore throat for 3 weeks.  My symptoms initially began as a cold with chest congestion, extreme throat pain, fatigue, and a fever for the first two days.  Almost all of those symptoms went away within one week and now I'm left with the sore throat.  I also have post nasal drip so I'm wondering if this is causing the pain.  The pain seems to get worse in the evening or in cold temperatures.  It hurts to talk also.  No one that has been around me has gotten a sore throat so it makes me feel like it is not strep throat.  I want to go to the doctor if it's necessary but I keep waiting to ride it out and hope it goes away so I don't have to pay for a medical bill.  Is it common to have a sore throat for so long without having something more seriously wrong?
Do you have your Tonsils soon? If so it's probably tonsillitis.
I have had a sore throat for more than 3 weeks now. Started as a horrible cough and went from there. I am still short on energy and have a lot of post nasal drip., headaches, laryngitis, very sore throat and get periods of shortness of breath. The doctor gave me a prescription for a cough suppressant. He said it's a virus. I do have white patches on the opening to my throat and the surrounding tissue is pale. I've tried a netti pot, ginger and honey tea, garlic, etc. I can't get relief!
Oh, and I don't have my tonsils.