Cold & Flu Community
Started as the flu now something more serious

This forum is for questions and support regarding cold and flu issues such as: Adult Cold, Adult Flu, Child Cold, Child Flu, Drugs and Medications, Immune Compromised Cold and Flu issues, Cold and Flu Prevention, Pneumonia, Senior Cold, Senior Flu, Treatments, Vaccines, The Flu Shot.

About 3 weeks i started to have a slight cough this then developed into the flu i was out of school for a week and the cough is still here now i went to the doctors about a week ago for an asthma check up (I am slightly asthmatic) and to see if any thing was wrong i do not normally struggle with a cough for this long.

My doctor said that my asthma seems to be improving and that my cough is probably a post flu cough and should clear up soon however if it does not clear up within 2 weeks come back and see me.

Since this appointment i still have my cough and have made another appointment to see my doctor as now when i cough just afterwards i am unable to breath, i would have put this down to asthma but since i was cleared of that i am slightly more worried.

I am not sure whether this type side affect of a cough is normal and have now been struggling to breath after a cough for about a week like i said i have made a doctors appointment for tomorrow but i do not really want to waste the doctors time as it has only been the one week of the two they suggested i waited.
Tags: Flu, cough