Strange smell while breaking the flu
I'm a 29 year old male. I just got over the flu. The last time I had the flu was almost 6 years ago and before that was another 5 years ago. Each time while breaking the flu, usually in my sleep and sweating profusely, I experiance a strange heavy smell that doesnt really compair to anything I've smelled before. I guess I can associate the smell with that old smell that comes from a back bedroom at my grandparents house. The smell seems to linger mildly after I break the flu. Has anyone experianced this smell? What is the reason for this smell? Thanks.
Horrible smell.  Wish I could help.  Just got over the flu as well and
I can't stand the smell in my nose or is it coming from my chest.
Anybody out there know.  Can't take this stuff anymore.
I know remember this smell from childhood, and when I had flu I got it again, and it created a real nostalgic connection in my mind to the first time I smelt it. On the few occasions it's happened in my life, I've always wondered whether anyone else would know what I'm talking about if I explained it, because there's a certain strangeness to it, and it's so elusive. Thanks for posting, i was very interested to read your experience. Sorry I can't add anything to it.
Same experience, i believe it's actually a form temporary fever induced memory access.
~Saphin
your description of a smell sounded like moldy.  you may not have ever had the flu.  may instead a bout with a fungus.  sometimes it's a buttermilk smell.  go to health food store.  they can give advice as to what may help.  i know yoghurt cultures help.
hi, ive got this now and it is driving me insane as physically i feel fine, i just cant eat or drink anything that is water or salt....... how long did it last?? ive had it for about 2-3 days now and it only seems to be getting worse.
I always smell beef stroganoff. Kinda like it had been sitting on the counter left out a few days. Glad I am not nuts. I always kept that to myself. Then this evening I started smelling it. I jolted back 20 years to when I smelled it for the first time, the same smell.