Aa
A
A
Close
Strange smell while breaking the flu
I'm a 29 year old male. I just got over the flu. The last time I had the flu was almost 6 years ago and before that was another 5 years ago. Each time while breaking the flu, usually in my sleep and sweating profusely, I experiance a strange heavy smell that doesnt really compair to anything I've smelled before. I guess I can associate the smell with that old smell that comes from a back bedroom at my grandparents house. The smell seems to linger mildly after I break the flu. Has anyone experianced this smell? What is the reason for this smell? Thanks.
Cancel
6 Answers
Page 1 of 1
Horrible smell.  Wish I could help.  Just got over the flu as well and
I can't stand the smell in my nose or is it coming from my chest.
Anybody out there know.  Can't take this stuff anymore.
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Submit Comment
1103023_tn?1267800110
I know remember this smell from childhood, and when I had flu I got it again, and it created a real nostalgic connection in my mind to the first time I smelt it. On the few occasions it's happened in my life, I've always wondered whether anyone else would know what I'm talking about if I explained it, because there's a certain strangeness to it, and it's so elusive. Thanks for posting, i was very interested to read your experience. Sorry I can't add anything to it.
Comment
Cancel
1103023_tn?1267800110
Comment
Comment
Submit Comment
Same experience, i believe it's actually a form temporary fever induced memory access.
~Saphin
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Submit Comment
your description of a smell sounded like moldy.  you may not have ever had the flu.  may instead a bout with a fungus.  sometimes it's a buttermilk smell.  go to health food store.  they can give advice as to what may help.  i know yoghurt cultures help.
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Submit Comment
hi, ive got this now and it is driving me insane as physically i feel fine, i just cant eat or drink anything that is water or salt....... how long did it last?? ive had it for about 2-3 days now and it only seems to be getting worse.
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Submit Comment
I always smell beef stroganoff. Kinda like it had been sitting on the counter left out a few days. Glad I am not nuts. I always kept that to myself. Then this evening I started smelling it. I jolted back 20 years to when I smelled it for the first time, the same smell.
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Submit Comment
Your Answer
Answer
Know how to answer? Tap here to leave your answer...
Answer
Strange smell while breaking the flu
Submit Answer
A
A
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Cold & Flu Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
233488_tn?1310696703