Cold & Flu Community
Tachycardia

This forum is for questions and support regarding cold and flu issues such as: Adult Cold, Adult Flu, Child Cold, Child Flu, Drugs and Medications, Immune Compromised Cold and Flu issues, Cold and Flu Prevention, Pneumonia, Senior Cold, Senior Flu, Treatments, Vaccines, The Flu Shot.

Tachycardia

I developed a cold yesterday. I slept 8 hours last night, I've been getting plenty of fluids, and I'm eating well. I haven't taken any medicine that would increase my heart rate, but its been bouncing around in the range of 105-125 all morning. My normal resting heart rate is 80. After walking across my kitchen this morning I checked my pulse, it was 142. I am not hyperventilating, but my breathing is shallow. I feel like I've been running for miles, and my body aches. Is this normal for a cold, or should I seek medical attention?
Go to the ER, that's too fast.  Anything over 100 is too fast.  Don't drive yourself, and if you don't have a ride, call 911
Thanks, but I ended up just taking some NyQuil and sleeping off the cold. The tachy went away after a few days. I probably should have gone to a doctor or something.
Avatar n tn
I have the same problem, after cardia ablation in June I have been feeling well.  I caught a cold and the tachycardia is back again.  There must be some relation to the new cold virus and tachycardia and elevated pulse rate.  I speak to many others who experience the same thing.