Tachycardia
I developed a cold yesterday. I slept 8 hours last night, I've been getting plenty of fluids, and I'm eating well. I haven't taken any medicine that would increase my heart rate, but its been bouncing around in the range of 105-125 all morning. My normal resting heart rate is 80. After walking across my kitchen this morning I checked my pulse, it was 142. I am not hyperventilating, but my breathing is shallow. I feel like I've been running for miles, and my body aches. Is this normal for a cold, or should I seek medical attention?
Go to the ER, that's too fast.  Anything over 100 is too fast.  Don't drive yourself, and if you don't have a ride, call 911
Thanks, but I ended up just taking some NyQuil and sleeping off the cold. The tachy went away after a few days. I probably should have gone to a doctor or something.
I have the same problem, after cardia ablation in June I have been feeling well.  I caught a cold and the tachycardia is back again.  There must be some relation to the new cold virus and tachycardia and elevated pulse rate.  I speak to many others who experience the same thing.