Cold & Flu Community
The Cold & Lymph Nodes

This forum is for questions and support regarding cold and flu issues such as: Adult Cold, Adult Flu, Child Cold, Child Flu, Drugs and Medications, Immune Compromised Cold and Flu issues, Cold and Flu Prevention, Pneumonia, Senior Cold, Senior Flu, Treatments, Vaccines, The Flu Shot.

The Cold & Lymph Nodes

I was wondering if swollen lymph nodes are a common occurrence when you have a cold. I feel them in my neck and groin. I don't have a fever but all the other basic symptoms of a cold minus a sore throat and cough.

A little background, a year ago I had lyme disease, mono, and strep which resulted in severely enlarged lymph nodes. A month on antibiotics brought me back to normal. Before that, I'd never even known about lymph nodes.

I've read that sometimes, once lymph nodes are "activated" (which in my case was a year ago), they sometimes remain active whenever you get sick again. Is this true?

I went to the doctor who felt them and said they don't feel concerning to her. Any advice? Thank you.