Cold & Flu Community
The Flu & Night sweats

This forum is for questions and support regarding cold and flu issues such as: Adult Cold, Adult Flu, Child Cold, Child Flu, Drugs and Medications, Immune Compromised Cold and Flu issues, Cold and Flu Prevention, Pneumonia, Senior Cold, Senior Flu, Treatments, Vaccines, The Flu Shot.

The Flu & Night sweats

I'm currently suffering from the horrible flu! I'm 5 days into the virus and I'm slowly getting better. Majority of the aches and pains have gone. I'm now just left with a flemmy chest, fatigue, headache and blocked nose. I had terrible upper abdominal pains as well (i apparently have ibs).

Anyway last night I wokeup in the middle of the night absolutely drenched in sweat. I mean DRENCHED. I got out of bed just to dry myself off. It's currently winter and between 2 to -2deg cels in the evenings. So you can imagine how cold i felt when I got out of bed...wet all over. I did a search online and I couldn't find any reference to night sweats being a symptom of the flu virus. Am I wrong? Are night sweats a symptom of the flu? Should I go and see a doctor?

Thanks for any advice.
Luke